As of May 1, 2023, Texas Tech University will have a new service to execute employment and wage verification requests of current and former employees. These requests are directed to The Work Number, an income and employment verification company which provides immediate access to employment and wage data.
The Work Number automates the verification process by instantly and securely delivering employment information requestors, such as banks or government agencies, rely on to make credit granting or benefit entitlement decisions (mortgages, loans, etc.).
Clients of The Work Number include lenders, property managers, pre-employment screeners, and social service agencies. Utilizing The Work Number for employment and wage verification will benefit Texas Tech University employees and departments in multiple ways:
- By eliminating the need for internal verifications, The Work Number reduces the turnaround time associated with employment or wage verification. A properly credentialed verifier, such as a bank or mortgage company, can now securely access employment verification data at any time at www.theworknumber.com.
- Through The Work Number employee portal, employees are allowed complete visibility into the verification process. Employees can block access to their data, generate their own reports, or choose to be notified when someone views their data.
- The Work Number employment verification process is secure. Not only does The Work Number validate the identity of all users of its system prior to allowing access to sensitive employee data, but a complete audit trail of every verification is created and then is made available to employees.
- Support is available by calling The Work Number at 1-800-367-5690.
- Please visit https://employees.theworknumber.com/ to create a personal account.