I-9/New Employee Packet
Please complete your New Employee Packet and return the signed and dated forms to the Employment Services Coordinator in your department.
IMPORTANT NOTE: The I-9/New Employee Packet must be completed within the first three days of employment and be attached to the employee's New Hire ePAF.
Please read all the following steps carefully. Each step will open in a separate window. If you are using pop-up blocking software, hold down the control key and click on the link.
I-9 / New Employee Packet Completion Steps
Directions: Follow the steps below to complete your initial enrollment process. The New Employee Packet Checklist will assist in this process.
NOTE: The following forms are attached to the ePAF for all employees.
Complete the I-9 Employment Eligibility Verification:
- I-9 Employment Eligibility Verification (Please see Special Instructions section for information on how to download and complete the form)
- I-9 Employment Eligibility Verification (This version is unfillable and must be printed for completion on paper only)
NOTE: If the position is funded with a federal contract (i.e., GSA, DOD, NASA, etc.), e-verify will be required. To document that the verification process has been completed, please enter the following on the top center of the I-9 form, "E-Verify Case Verification # _________" followed by the ESC's initials and the date. In addition, the employee's Tech ID (R#) should be recorded on the upper right hand corner of the I-9 form.
Special Instructions: To use the enhanced features of Form I-9, use the link to download the form and save it your computer. When you see the “Please wait …” message, use the following options to save your form:
- In Microsoft Edge, click the Save icon (second from the right) in the ribbon at the top of the page, or press Ctrl (or Command) and S on your keyboard;
- In Google Chrome or Firefox, click the Download icon (second from the right) in the ribbon at the top of the page, or press Ctrl (or Command) and S on your keyboard; or
- In Safari, click the Download icon in the upper right hand corner of the square toward the bottom of the page, or press Command and S on your Mac keyboard.
To complete your Form I-9, you will need the latest version of Adobe Acrobat Reader. You can download Adobe Acrobat Reader for free from the Adobe website.
Print and give to the employee a copy of the Affordable Care Act form.
Complete the Employee Acknowledgement.
Complete the Veteran's Self-Identification form (Post Offer) VEVRAA.
Special instructions for Foreign Employees.
NOTE: The documents in Steps 9 and 10 must be attached to all benefits-eligible Faculty, Staff, and Graduate Student New Hire ePAFs.
Complete the Benefits Enrollment Information form.
Schedule all new benefits eligible employees for a Benefits Orientation using Cornerstone. If you have not yet received your eRaider ID to log in, call the Employee Services Center at 806-742-3851 to register.
PLEASE NOTE: Incomplete or late forms can cause delays in processing paychecks.