Bachelor's Degree in Interior Design
Our accredited Bachelor of Interior Design degree has a national reputation for excellence. You will develop marketable skills, professional connections, and workplace experience that help you stand out in the job market for interior designers.
Texas Tech's interior design program stands out for its:
- Award-winning faculty. Nationally recognized design educators and designers lead the Interior Design program. Most of the faculty are interior designers and specialists who combine Ph.D.s with years of professional experience in interior or business design.
- Emphasis on architecture. You will take a cluster of architecture-related courses, learning about construction, architectural history, building codes, and AutoCAD. With just a couple of additional courses, you can earn a minor in architecture—a significant advantage that employers value.
- First-rate internships. Our interior design program provides excellent internship opportunities with top-notch firms throughout the country. Between your junior and senior years, you will get 150 hours of summer internship experience working in the interior design industry.
- Project-based learning. You will be able to work on real-world interior design projects for local community partners such as assisted care and long-term living facilities, Habitat for Humanity, etc.
- Professional connections. The interior design department's advisory board of alumni and practicing interior designers provides a built-in network to support your education and your job search. You can also connect with professionals at Texas Tech's annual Design Expo.
- Travel opportunities. You can study abroad at the Rome Center in Italy, and visit leading interior design firms in Dallas, New York, Chicago, and elsewhere.
Our Interior Design Degree Stands Out for its Commitment to Professional Practice
In Texas Tech's interior design program, you will not just learn from textbooks. You will get a hands-on education with practical and advanced training in interior design, space planning, and professional practices.
You will enjoy a wide range of learning experiences, including:
- Studio work
- Team projects and presentations
- Professional workshops
- Field trips
- Real-world projects
You will use the most up-to-date interior design software and technology while learning to design safe, healthy, environmentally sustainable spaces that serve diverse populations.
You will take classes on:
- Art history
- Codes and standards
- Interior design
- Business design