Texas Tech University

Human Development and Family Sciences

Graduate Studies

Financial Aid Information

The department understands that financial aid is a necessity for most students. We strongly encourage you to investigate the many sources of financial aid that are available at both the university and college level. To view the current tuition fees schedule, visit the Texas Tech Graduate School website.

A general summary of financial aid programs is described here. However, for more information, visit the Texas Tech Financial Aid website. Do not hesitate to contact them for additional information or to answer any questions you may have.

Financial aid assistance through the University

Texas Tech University offers a variety of financial aid options to graduate students, including scholarships, fellowships, grants, loans (some even interest free!), and work-study. Visit the Funding Your Education page on the Graduate School website for more information.

Financial aid assistance through the Department or College

The Department of Human Development and Family Sciences, in conjunction with the College of Human Sciences, offers a variety of graduate scholarships of different amounts. In order for a student to receive a scholarship from Human Development and Family Sciences, it is the College of Human Sciences' requirement that the student completes an undergraduate scholarship application via the university's scholarship websites and provides additional documentation (see application check list).

HDFS provides a more detailed description of graduate scholarship opportunities available through the College of Human Sciences here.

Application Deadline

Applications are due every year on February 15 for the following academic year. TA, RA, and GA requests must be completed and awarded before the beginning of the semester. Departmental Federal Work Study positions must be applied for through the Human Development and Family Sciences Department if applying for Federal Work Study through the University. After completing the student section, please return the form to the HDFS Department.