11-Item Marital/Relationship Disillusionment Scale
- My marriage/relationship hasn't gone quite as perfectly as I thought it might.
- I'm beginning to see my spouse/partner in a somewhat more negative light
- I'm beginning to see my marriage/relationship in a somewhat more negative light.
- Marriage is/was not as enjoyable as I had expected it to be.
- Our relationship has changed for the worst.
- I no longer really like my spouse/partner as a person.
- My marriage/relationship is no longer as important to me as it used to be.
- I am/was very disappointed in my marriage/relationship.
- I no longer feel quite as positive about my spouse/partner as I once did.
- If I could go back in time, I would not marry my spouse/live with my partner again.
- I feel tricked, cheated, or deceived by love.
Instructions: When negative changes have occurred in their marriage/relationship, spouses/partners sometimes. To which extent do you agree with the following statements? (5‐point scale, anchored by 1 = Extremely disagree and 5 = Extremely agree).