Hotel Analytics and Management Certificate Texas Tech
Discover a career in hotel operations and management. Earn your hotel analytics certificate today from Texas Tech.
Courses are delivered on the TTU Lubbock campus.
The Hotel Analytics and Management Certificate is a great option to add an extra credential to undergraduate students' resumes, supplementing their experiential learning with high-level strategic thinking and analytical skills needed for today's competitive job market. This certificate option allows students to specialize in hotel analytics and management, encompassing contents from the Front Office, Sales & Marketing, Revenue Management, and other managerial aspects of the hotel business. Students will study strategies behind hotel revenue management to become prepared for a future as a general manager or revenue manager. The hotel industry is on the rise, and students who complete the certificate in hotel analytics and management from Texas Tech will be highly prepared to enter a successful career.
According to the U.S. Breau of Labor Statistics (www.bls.gov), the median annual wage for lodging and tourism managers was $59,430 in 2021.
- Required (9 hours):
- RHIM 2308 Hotel Operations: This course introduces the organization of the administration of lodging operations, including front desk operations, housekeeping, sales & marketing, management, and other positions committed to lodging operations. This course includes a laboratory experience at a real-time hotel.
- RHIM 4308 Lodging Operations Management: This course expands the emphasis on the applications of operating principles in lodging from a middle-to-upper-management perspective. This course includes a group project using a hotel simulation program that simulates current competitive market conditions for hotel operations.
- RHIM 4348 Hospitality Revenue Management: This course focuses on revenue management in hospitality organizations with a specific emphasis on pricing and strategies, forecasting sales, and trends analysis. This course would serve as the final required course for the Certification in Hotel Industry Analytics (CHIA).
- Elective (3 credit hours, select one of the following)
- HRM 4316 Services Marketing for Hospitality and Retailing
- HRM 4332 Leadership in the Service Industries