Hospitality Management and Retail Master's Degree
Master of Science in Hospitality and Retail Management
Texas Tech's hospitality and retail management master's program is designed to develop students' and working professionals' skills to aid in advancement in their careers. Students gain first-hand experience and develop skills in the areas of:
- retail & hospitality marketing research
- retail buying
- category management
- sales & cost control
- event management
- visual merchandising
- strategic management
- hotel management
- restaurant & foodservice
- sustainable tourism
Prepare to be an industry leader with our hospitality management and retail merchandising master's degree
The hospitality program at Texas Tech is consistently ranked among the nation's top graduate programs, while the retail graduate program is widely recognized as the most advanced in the nation. Texas Tech stands out for its expert faculty and networking and professional connections. Our Hospitality and Retail Management Masters students have the opportunity to make a global impact on consumer retail, hospitality, and tourism experiences by:
- Participating in study abroad
- Researching industry trends
- Working with live industry and company data
- Virtual reality planning
- Sustainability coursework
- Exploring diversity and equity in retail
Students in the master's program at Texas Tech will:
- Have access to faculty who are industry experts in retail and hospitality management.
- Join a passionate campus community steeped in tradition and student excellence.
- Grow your organizational and leadership skills that top employers require in the hospitality and retail management field.
- Receive a degree from a highly visible, highly valued brand among employers and industry leaders. Our Hospitality and Retail Management graduate students have succeeded in hotel management, event management, retail management, food service management, and corporate management roles.
Customize the Hospitality and Retail Master's Degree to Fit Your Career Focus
The master's degree in hospitality and retail management offers two flexible career tracks.
The Professional Option is tailored to equip you with skills to excel as a professional in the hospitality or retail industry. This non-thesis track provides a practical business focus, emphasizing core business principles within the hotel, restaurant, retail, and fashion merchandising industries. You will tackle real-world case studies, using actual corporate data to investigate current trends and challenges in the industry.
The Research Option offers superior preparation for a Ph.D. program or as an industry analyst, college instructor, or researcher. You will conduct independent research and write a master's thesis to document your findings.
Regardless of which specialization you choose, you will work with outstanding faculty who have many years of experience in hospitality and retail management.
Hospitality and Retail Management Career Opportunities
The world's leading hotel, tourism, and retail employers actively seek to hire graduates of our hospitality and retail management master's program. The majority of graduates receive industry job offers before graduation. Many graduates from the master's program go on to pursue their Ph.D. degree.
Employers from across the country and worldwide recruit our master's degree graduates specifically. You will have opportunities to pursue careers such as:
- Category Manager
- Trend Analyst
- Hotel Manager
- Corporate Buyer
- Resort Director
- Corporate Manager
- Event Manager
- Food Service Manager
- Marketing Manager
- Director of Operations
- Sales Director