Hospitality Management and Retail Master's Degree
Master of Science in Hospitality and Retail Management
Texas Tech's hospitality business and retail management master's program is designed to develop working professionals who have extensive knowledge of the industry. Students will gain first-hand experience and develop skills in the areas of:
- retail & hospitality marketing research
- retail buying
- category management
- sales & cost control
- event management
- visual merchandising
- strategic management
- hotel management
- restaurant & foodservice
- sustainable tourism
Prepare to be an industry leader with our hospitality management and retail merchandising master's degree
Consistently ranked among the nation's top hospitality graduate programs, Texas Tech stands out for its expert faculty and networking and professional connections. Our Hospitality and Retail Management masters students have the opportunity to make a global impact on consumer retail, hospitality, and tourism experiences by:
- Participating in Study Abroad
- Researching Industry Trends
Students in the master's program at Texas Tech will:
- Have access to faculty who are industry experts in retail and hospitality management.
- Join a passionate campus community that boasts in tradition and student excellence.
- Grow your organizational and leadership skills that top employers require in the hospitality and retail management field.
- Receive a degree from a highly visible, highly valued brand among employers and industry leaders. Our Hospitality and Retail Management graduate students have achieved success in hotel management, event management, retail management, food service management, and corporate management roles.
Customize the Hospitality and Retail Master's Degree to Fit Your Career Focus
The master's degree in hospitality and retail management offers two flexible career tracks.
The Professional Option is tailored to equip you for the professional hospitality or retail industry. This non-thesis track provides a practical business focus, emphasizing core business principles within the hotel, restaurant, and fashion merchandising industries. You will tackle real-world case studies, using actual data to investigate current trends and challenges in the industry.
The Research Option offers superior preparation for a Ph.D. program, or as an industry analyst, college instructor, or researcher. You will conduct independent research and write a master's thesis to document your findings.
Regardless of which specialization you choose, you will work with outstanding faculty who have many years of experience in hospitality and retail management.
Hospitality and Retail Management Career Opportunities
The world's leading hotel, tourism, and retail employers actively seek to hire graduates of our hospitality and retail management masters program. The majority of graduates from our master's degree program in Hospitality and Retail Management enter a Ph.D. program or receive industry job offers before graduation.
Employers from across the country and around the world aggressively recruit our master's degree graduates. You will have opportunities to pursue careers such as:
- Category Manager
- Trend Analyst
- Hotel Manager
- Corporate Buyer
- Resort Director
- Corporate Manager
- Event Manager
- Food Service Manager
- Marketing Manager
- Director of Operations
- Sales Director