Jessica J. Yuan, Ph.D.
Phone: (806) 834-8446
Office: HS 285
Dr. Jessica. J. Yuan is a Professor in the Department of Hospitality and Retail Management at Texas Tech University. She received her Ph.D. degree in Hospitality and Tourism Management from Purdue University. Dr. Yuan has published extensively on hospitality and tourism related topics in a wide array of refereed journals and books. Dr. Yuan has served on the dissertation committees for over 50 Ph.D. candidates and regularly receives grant funding for her research in areas such as cultural tourism and gastronomy, culinary heritage, wine tourism development, memorable tourism experiences (MTEs), and experiential consumption.
Courses Currently Teaching:
- HRM 4322 Financial Analysis Hospitality and Retailing
- HRM 4322D Financial Analysis for Hospitality and Retailing (online)
- HRM 6101 Introduction to the Doctoral Program
- HRM 6325 Introduction to Research Methods for Hospitality and Retail Management
- HRM 6333 Quantitative Research Methods in Hospitality, Tourism, and Retail Management
- RHIM 6350 Advanced Travel and Tourism
Cultural tourism, regional identity of destinations, sustainable tourism development using gastronomic inheritance, gastro-tourism development, memorable tourist experiences (MTEs), memorable dining experiences (MDEs).
Student mentoring, international cultural inclusion, fundraising for students in need, volunteering in the community, interdisciplinary liaison.
Areas of Expertise:
Statistical analysis, grant writing, financial analysis, internationalization and
inclusion within higher education, event planning