What is Goldwater?
- Must be a full-time sophomore or junior (or has 1-2 years left in their degree plan)
- Intend to pursue a research career in a natural science, mathematics or engineering
- Applicants must be a U.S. Citizen or a Permanent Resident
Scholars receive an amount equal to the cost of tuition, mandatory fees, books, and room and board minus the amount of support provided for by other sources, up to a maximum of $7,500 per full academic year.
- Sophomore recipients can expect to receive support for a maximum of two years (4 semesters) or until graduation, if sooner.
- Junior recipients can expect to receive support for a maximum of one year (2 semesters) or until graduation, if sooner.
Scholarship Application Details
How to Get Started and Apply
- Complete a Student Profile/Pre-Application: The Student Profile/Pre-Application must be submitted as soon as possible to express your interest in Goldwater and to begin the application process with support from our office.
- Online Application
- Research Essay
- Letters of Recommendation
- Transcript Submission
|Internal Application Deadline||November 30|
|National Deadline||Last Friday of Janurary|
Prestigious External Student Awards
AddressPrestigious External Student Awards, Box 41017, Lubbock, TX 79409-1017