What is Goldwater?
- Must be a full-time sophomore or junior (or has 1-2 years left in their degree plan)
- Intend to pursue a research career in a natural science, mathematics or engineering
- Applicants must be a U.S. Citizen or a Permanent Resident
Scholars receive an amount equal to the cost of tuition, mandatory fees, books, and room and board minus the amount of support provided for by other sources, up to a maximum of $7.500 per full academic year.
- Sophomore recipients can expect to receive support for a maximum of two years (4 semesters) or until graduation, if sooner.
- Junior recipients can expect to receive support for a maximum of one year (2 semesters) or until graduation, if sooner.
Scholarship Application Details
How to Get Started and Apply
- Fill Out the Preliminary Questionnaire: The Preliminary Questionnaire must be submitted as soon as possible to express your interest in Goldwater and to begin the application process with support from our office.
- Get familiar with the Goldwater program, eligibility and application components at Goldwater Process Map.
- Visit theBarry Goldwater Scholarshipwebsite and explore the various research options.
- Attend a TTU information session.
- Online Application
- Research Essay
- Letters of Recommendation
- Transcript Submission
2022 Important Deadlines
|Internal Application Deadline|
TTU Goldwater Scholars
- Current Scholars
- Past Scholars
- Insight and Tips from Scholars
TTU Campus Goldwater Scholarship Advisors
Prestigious External Student Awards
AddressPrestigious External Student Awards, Box 41017, Lubbock, TX 79409-1017