Undergraduate Research Scholars
- Go – New research ideas start from your curiosity and willingness to explore a place where science and humanities intersect.
- Do – Immerse yourself in various research projects that will advance your knowledge in a professional domain of your choice.
- Learn – Work with research mentors in an R1 research university.
URS PROGRAM GUIDELINES
URS is a two-semester, or longer, commitment. The program begins September 1 and culminates in the spring with a mandatory presentation in the TTU Undergraduate Research Conference.
- Applicant must be a member of the Honors College to apply to the URS program.
- Prospective Scholars must be enrolled and in good standing with the Honors College.
- Students are expected to find a faculty mentor with whom to perform research. The URS Director is available for help in finding a mentor.
- Students from any discipline are eligible to apply to the URS program. Any full-time TTU or TTUHSC faculty member is eligible to be a mentor.
- Students may research during academic breaks and summer semesters with approval from the URS Director.