Step-by-Step Registration Guide
Further explanation relating to some of the areas below may be found in our RRO FAQ.
IMPORTANT ITEMS TO NOTE ABOUT THE FYE COURSES:
- All FYE courses have a corresponding LCG section. Each LCG course is specific to one
FYE course. To see which LCG sections correspond to any given FYE course:
- Check the Honors College FYE listings at the link above; or,
- Use the Look Up Classes tool on the TTU MyTech Tab of Raiderlink (further explanation
- The core curriculum credit carried by each course is listed at the bottom of the course's
description. Please consult your primary advisor or your DegreeWorks Degree Audit (MyTech/Advising
Tools & Resources/Examine Degree Requirements/DegreeWorks) for which courses work
towards your degree requirements.
- There are limitations to scheduling your FYE on the Schedule Builder Tool. Please note: if you utilize the Schedule Builder Tool to build your upcoming schedule (full instructions on how to use Schedule Builder are included below), keep in mind that Schedule Builder frequently mis-pairs FYE courses with the incorrect LCG sections, and also cannot provide accurate and updated information on Honors courses that may already be full with a waitlist. Schedule Builder is a helpful resource, but please always make sure to double-check your intended Honors course information in our online Course Booklets.
- Before attempting to schedule or register for your first-choice FYE, we recommend
that you check Raiderlink to make sure there are still spaces available. If none remain, please choose a different FYE course. (More explanation on this situation
is provided on our RRO FAQ page.)
- Go to Raiderlink.ttu.edu and log-in with your eRaider username and password.
- Click the “TTU MyTech Tab” at the top left of the page.
- Click “Registration” under the “Manage my Enrollment” heading near the top of the page.
- Select “Look Up Classes” from the menu that appears.
- Select “Browse Classes” from the following page.
- Select the correct term (Fall 2019 TTU), then click the “Continue” button.
- Using the class information provided in the Honors listings, find the course you would like to take. (EX: PHIL 2330 = Subject: Philosophy; Course Number: 2330). Click “Search.” Scroll until you have found the correct section. All Honors sections are indicated by a section number beginning with “H”, usually listed at the end. You may also match the CRN number to the one in our FYE booklet to ensure you are looking at the correct section.
- Find the number of available seats in the second to last column on the right-hand
- To see the accompanying LCG section, click the title of the course. A second box will
appear with a lengthy menu on the left-hand side. Select “Corequisites” towards the
middle of the menu, and the specific LCG information for this FYE section will appear.
GETTING REGISTERED FOR YOUR CHOSEN FYE AND LCG COURSES:
To register for your FYE course, you must add both the FYE and its corresponding LCG to your schedule at the same time, or you will receive a co-requisite error. We recommend the following method:
- Find the CRN numbers for the FYE course and corresponding LCG section on the 2019 Fall FYE course list or on the “Look Up Classes” tool mentioned above.
- Go to the main Add or Drop Classes page on Raiderlink (MyTech tab/Mange My Enrollment/Registration/Add or Drop Classes).
- Choose the "Register for Classes" option on the right hand side of the next page.
- Select the term (e.g. “Fall 2019 TTU”) for which you wish to add classes from the drop-down menu.
- Select the "Enter CRNs" tab in the top left-hand corner of the page.
- Enter the CRN for the FYE course you would like to take.
- Click the "Add Another CRN" link below the first box, and an additional box will appear.
- Now enter the CRN for the LCG section associated with your chosen FYE course.
- If your FYE course has a lab, click “Add Another CRN” again and enter the CRN for the lab.
- Click the "Add to Summary" button, and your schedule worksheet, below, should illustrate
where these new courses fit in your weekly schedule.
- Also, your registration summary, to the right of the schedule worksheet, will show that your registration for these courses is pending.
- Important ! You must click the "Submit" button on the bottom right-hand corner of the page in
order to actually register for your illustrated classes!
- If there are no registration errors (time conflicts with other courses, prerequisites
not taken, incorrect CRN matching, etc.), both your FYE and LCG classes should be
successfully added to your schedule, and you will see a green message box at the top
right corner of your screen telling you that the changes have been saved. You are
- If there are any obstacles to your registration for your FYE courses, you will see
an error message box at the top right corner of your screen. If you're not sure how
to resolve the error(s), please screen shot the text box and include it in an email
to an Honors advisor, along with your R#, so that we can help you diagnose and correct
your issue. Keep in mind that often, an error with one course will cause errors with
others, as seen below, and these problems are usually not as difficult to resolve
as it may seem.
- Remember that enrolling in one FYE and its attached LCG is MANDATORY for all incoming Honors first year. If you are not registered for an FYE when you leave your RRO session, you will receive an email from the FYE Coordinator, Sarah Timmons, reminding you to take care of this important step. Also, keep in mind that our FYE courses are filled on a first-come, first-served basis throughout the summer, and the longer you wait to enroll, the fewer course choices you may have.
- If there are no registration errors (time conflicts with other courses, prerequisites not taken, incorrect CRN matching, etc.), both your FYE and LCG classes should be successfully added to your schedule, and you will see a green message box at the top right corner of your screen telling you that the changes have been saved. You are registered!
GETTING REGISTERED FOR ALL COURSES, and using Schedule Builder Tool
Most students utilize the Visual Schedule Builder tool to help them view course options and schedule courses for the upcoming semester. (Find the Schedule Builder tool at MyTech/Manage My Enrollment/Registration/Schedule Builder.)
- First, you must choose the term (semester) for which you are planning to schedule
courses and register. Only the immediately upcoming semester(s) may be selected.
- The default selection is “All TTU Campuses,” but if you wish to search for only face-to-face
format courses at the TTU Lubbock campus, or only for online course options, you can
change your preferred campus selections.
- Type the first course you wish to add to your schedule into the “Select Course” text
box (e.g. PHIL 2330). As you type, the system will begin to populate options that
match those letters, and will display the course options it finds in the pop-up menu.
- Continue inputting all of the courses you plan to take in the text box. As you find
and select them, they'll appear below. Any course for which you are already registered
will appear in your course list also, with a blue button reminding you that you're
- You'll notice that there are probably hundreds, if not thousands, of possible schedules
incorporating the courses you've listed. Also note that courses which have online
options (if you have selected “Distance Electronic TTU” as a campus possibility) will
not appear blocked in on your weekly schedule worksheet since they don't have a face-to-face
meeting time. Distance courses are differentiated by section numbers beginning with
- You can decrease the number of schedules generated by de-selecting some of the options
in the list on the top right hand of the page. Also, you can select “Show Only Honors
Schedules,” which will ensure that at least one of the courses in your list will be
an Honors section. (However, please note that if two or more of your chosen classes
are offered as Honors FYE courses, Schedule Builder may include both; but students are only permitted to enroll in one FYE course in their first fall semester.)
- If you want to lock in a specific section of one of your courses (the FYE section,
for example), you can select that section from the drop-down menu next to each course
in the list. You'll notice that a push pin appears on that course in the schedule
worksheet, showing that it's a specific section, pinned down in that time slot.
- Remember that you'll need to manually block off the time for your FYE's attached LCG
section by clicking on the time slot during which the LCG is held. When a time slot
is blocked off, it's shown in gray. You can also block off time that you wish to
reserve for other activities (work, research, lunch, etc.).
- Now that you've arranged your preferred schedule and are ready to register for these
courses, copy the CRN numbers for the course sections you've chosen down at the bottom
of the page, below your course list.
- When you have found a schedule you like, you can save it for future reference by clicking “Add to Favorites” to the top left of the schedule worksheet.
- You can also send it to your advisor or yourself by clicking “Create Share Link.”
- Now you're ready to follow the instructions provided above to register for your selected classes.
- If you encounter any difficulties or registration errors in the process of attempting
to register, your Honors advisors are happy to help you diagnose and resolve your
problems. In order to receive help from an Honors advisor:
- Either copy the exact text of all error messages received, or screen shot them and send them in an email to one of the following Honors advisors.
- Please make sure to include your R-number in your email!
FURTHER HONORS COURSE OPTIONS
Additional (non-FYE) Honors courses are optional for entering first year in their first semester. A full list of courses may be found in the most current version of our Honors course listings. Courses listed in red are full, while courses in black still have open seats.
Note that Raiderlink does not accurately reflect available space in our non-FYE courses, nor do we utilize the automated waitlist on Raiderlink. The reasons for this are explained fully on our RRO FAQ page.
In order to take an additional non-FYE Honors course or be placed on a waitlist, you must:
- See your primary advisor and create an intended schedule for the upcoming semester.
- We recommend that you go ahead and register for all other courses, including your FYE and LCG. It is usually a good idea for you to register for a preferred alternative course or section to the non-FYE Honors course(s) you wish to take, in case your choice(s) have filled.
- Come to McClellan Hall and fill out a Permit Request Form. Bring a copy of your schedule, as you will have to provide it when filling out your Permit Request Form.
- Visit with an Honors advisor and receive a permit (or be waitlisted) for the Honors course(s) you wish to take.
- Register for the Honors course(s) for which you received permits as you would any other course, following the directions provided above. If your requested course has a lab and/or discussion, you must register for those sections concurrently with the course itself.
- IF YOU ARE PLACED ON A WAITLIST: Continue to check your TTU email throughout the summer. We will send you notification if space becomes available for
you, and you will need to send a response to our email confirming your acceptance
of the offered seat within two days of receiving our notification, so check your TTU
- Block off your FYE/LCG if using the Visual Schedule Builder Tool, as the LCG sections will not appear.
- Reference our listings to see which LCG corresponds to which FYE. The “Look Up Classes” tool (Co-requisite tab) will show the correct FYE/LCG pairings. The “Section Search Tool” link will not.
- You will receive a co-requisite error if you do not register for the FYE and LCG simultaneously. If your FYE has a lab, you must enter all three CRNs at the same time.
- If you are taking a non-FYE Honors course, you must see an advisor for a permit. Honors advisors will only see you if have seen your primary advisor AND have created and can provide a tentative schedule.
- If you receive a permit for an Honors course and are still receiving error messages when you try to register, please contact an Honors advisor for assistance.
- If you are placed on a waitlist, you will be contacted via your TTU email, so start getting into the habit of checking that account daily.
- If an FYE is not on your schedule when you leave RRO, we will contact you via TTU email. If you do not have an FYE on your schedule by the first day of classes, you will be removed from the Honors College.
Questions? E-mail Honors@ttu.edu for assistance.