Texas Tech Police
Event Security Request
Welcome to the Texas Tech University Police Department Request for Police Services webpage. Please review the Terms and Conditions prior to requesting police or security services.
Terms and Conditions:
- Requests for service should be submitted no less than 2 weeks prior to your event date in order to allow for sufficient planning. If your request is made with less than 2 weeks notice there will be no guarantee that an officer(s) will be available for your event.
- A minimum charge of 2 hours per requested officer(s) will be assessed for each event. All events lasting over 2 hours will be billed for the actual hours worked by the officer(s).
- A minimum of one business day notice is required for cancellation of the request for police services. If cancellation is not received or is received less than one business day before the scheduled time of the event, then your department or group will be billed for minimum charge per requested officer(s).
- You may request a specific number of officers needed for your event, but the Texas Tech University Police Department will be responsible for assessing the proper number of officers needed based on factors such as crowd size, type of event, location, etc.
Request for Police Service by Texas Tech University Departments and Texas Tech Student Organizations
Texas Tech University departments are required to complete the Police Services Request form no less than 2 weeks prior to the event date in order to allow for sufficient planning.
Request for Police Service by a Non-Texas Tech University Department
Non-Texas Tech University departments and Texas Tech University Student Organizations are required to complete the Police Services Request for Non-TTU Departments and Student Organizations form no less than 2 weeks prior to the event date in order to allow for sufficient planning.
GROUNDS USE POLICY
Any person or organization requesting police services will need to be in compliance and approved with the use of University Grounds Policy if applicable to use the location requested. Grounds Use Rules and Grounds Use Policy TTU OP 61.02
- Emergency: 911
- Non-emergency: 806-742-3931
TTPD Contact Info
TTUS Component Police Departments
- National Terrorism Advisory System