The civilian support staff is an important part of the organization to keep the internal operations moving. The civilian support staff is made up of a Unit Manager, Records Technicians, Evidence Technicians, and Administrative Support Staff
Send questions to firstname.lastname@example.org about the positions and salaries with the Texas Tech Police Department or contact Captain Amy Ivey or Lieutenant Chris Patterson at 806-742-3931.
- Holiday: State holidays assigned yearly (example: 15 given for fiscal year)
- Vacation: 8 -21 hours per month depending on length of service
- Sick: 8 hours per month
- Teacher Retirement System of Texas - (Required)
- Health Benefits: BCBS Texas (Paid by State for employee)
- $500 Annual Clothing Allowance
- Educational Tuition Assistance Program: TTU exempts employees from tuition and fees for one course per term up to a maximum of four semester credit hours (SCH) during any fall, spring, or summer term
- Educational Incentive Pay (Degree earned after employment) $1,000 Bachelor/Master and $500 Associate Degree
Eligible employees are paid $20 per month for every two years of lifetime service credit and receive an increase for each additional two years of service, up to and including 42 years of service in accordance with the Texas Government Code, Section 659.044.
Civilian employees can work sporting events, concerts, and other overtime events at Texas Tech but there is limited need for those positions.
Ready to Apply?
Before filling out any forms, you must apply for a position at http://www.texastech.edu/careers/
The forms below will be sent to an applicant once the department has received the application. Both forms below must be filled out entirely. Do not leave anything blank and follow the instructions completely.