Rodeo Update: Barrel racing highlights weekend competition in Brownwood
Texas Tech’s rodeo team turned in strong showing at the Weatherford College & Ranger College Rodeo last weekend in Brownwood. The women’s rodeo teams finished third in the competition while the men’s team ended in the fifth spot.
According to Tech Rodeo Coach Chris Guay, prominent performances included:
- Barrel Racing: Taylor Langdon, a senior exercise sports major from Aubrey. Second in go-round one; Second in the finals; Second overall
- Barrel Racing: Carley Richardson, a senior animal and food sciences-nursing major from Pampa. Third in go-round one; Seventh overall
- Team Roping: Cierra Kunesh, junior animal and food sciences major from Helena, Montana. Third in go-round one; Seventh overall
- Saddle Bronc Riding: Treyson Antonick, a sophomore animal and food sciences major from Henderson. Third (tie) in go-round one; Fifth overall
- Bull Riding: Zach Peterson, an agribusiness major from Afton, Iowa. Third in the finals; Third overall
- Bull Riding: Stormy Rasberry, sophomore business major from Roby. Sixth in go-round one; Sixth overall
Texas Tech’s rodeo teams are scheduled to compete in four more rodeos during the spring semester. According to Guay, their goal is to win a regional championship which will qualify them for the College National Finals Rodeo next summer. The top two teams and top three individuals in the region automatically advance to nationals in Casper, Wyoming.
Written by Norman Martin
CONTACT: Chris Guay, rodeo coach, Department of Animal and Food Sciences, Texas Tech University at (806) 742-2805 ext. 256 or www.ttu.edu/rodeo