Agri-Techsans are a select group of undergraduates who assist with recruiting for and promoting the College of Agricultural Sciences and Natural Resources (CASNR) and Texas Tech University. Only outstanding students in our College are considered.
We look for people who are enthusiastic about Texas Tech and CASNR, will take an active and responsible part in our organization, and can maintain their GPA while devoting time and lots of energy to promoting CASNR. Read below to learn more about the selection process.
If you are interested in the possibility of becoming an Agri-Techsan and would like more information about the program, please email CASNR College Recruiter Shelbey Havens at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (806) 742-2808.
- Minimum of 3.0 GPA required
- Must be a full-time student in the College of Agricultural Sciences and Natural Resources during the regular academic year
- Must be nominated by a faculty member or by a current Agri-Techsan.
- A new team of Agri-Techsans is selected each Spring for the next academic year.
- Eligible nominees must complete a formal application.
- Applicants will be interviewed by a committee of ARC Center staff, and a group of graduating Agri-Techsans.
- Only those students with an interest in and enthusiasm for the promotion of CASNR are selected.
- Attendance at all regular meetings and training sessions. Participation and attendance are required for continued membership.
- Maintaining weekly office hours for tours and behind-the-scenes work.
- Visiting high schools recruiting students to attend CASNR (Out-n-Backs)
- Follow-up contact for Out-n-Backs, including postcards, emails, and thank-you letters.
- Active participation in other events including but not limited to University Days, Red Raider Extravaganza, Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo, and National and State FFA Conventions.
- A positive attitude and the willingness to devote time and energy to promoting TTU, CASNR, and all the components thereof.
- Hayley Bates
- Kennadee Buchanan
- Jacy Cabler
- Hannah Dast
- Aspen Eaton
- Hannah Eichman
- Haleigh Erramouspe
- Carter Estes
- Hannah Harken
- Alexandria Harrell
- Kara Harris
- Monica Haugen
- Bailey Hufnagle
- Katherine Kendrick
- Kaylynn Kiker
- Geriet Lenz
- Abigail Maresca
- Sarah Moses
- Ivie Kate Mynatt
- Kirby Nixon
- Lauren Piepenburg
- Maggie Pipkin
- Dane Rivas
- Rachel Rush
- Keeley Sears
- John Smithwick
- MaKayla (Cheyenne) Snider
- Marah Walls
- Layne Wilson
- Carlie Shea Witte
College of Agricultural Sciences & Natural Resources
AddressP.O. Box 42123, Lubbock, Texas 79409-2123, Dean’s Office Location: Goddard Building, Room 108