CASNR students inducted into Who’s Who
The latest edition of “Who’s Who Among Students in American Colleges and Universities” includes a dozen students from Texas Tech University’s College of Agricultural Sciences and Natural Resources. The students were honored at a special recognition reception Oct. 28 at the Merket Alumni Center on the Tech campus.
“This select group of students was chosen for one of the most prestigious awards the academic community can bestow,” said Rachel Bobbitt, CASNR’s coordinator of student programs.
The following students were inducted:
• Andrew Arnold, an agricultural communications major from Lubbock
• Rebecca Coffman, an interdisciplinary agriculture major from Maurertown, VA
• Sarah Dierschke, a food science major from San Angelo
• John Gottula, a horticulture major from Lubbock
• Andrew Hokanson, an interdisciplinary agriculture major from Dumas
• Kimberly Menchaca, an interdisciplinary agriculture major from San Antonio
• Rachel Oates, an agricultural communications major from Nacogdoches
• Matthew Stolz, an animal science major from Brenham
• Justin Stryker, an agricultural and applied economics major from Harlingen
• Michael Tatum, a food technology major from Post
• Jarrott Wilkinson, an agricultural communications major from Menard.
Students are nominated for inclusion in Who’s Who by campus committees and directory editors on the basis of academic achievement, service to their community, leadership in extracurricular activities and potential for continued success.
“Who’s Who” has been published since 1934, and includes students from more than 2,300 institutions of higher learning in all 50 states, the District of Columbia and several foreign nations.