General Engineering Organization Information
What Organizations Do
- Host monthly organizational meetings with industry speakers
- Host monthly technical series on the latest industry research and techniques
- Host engineering company recruiting information sessions for full-time, internships
- Outreach activities
- Community service projects
- Student organization competitions
- Tutoring opportunities
- Network, network, network
Benefits of Joining
- Build leadership, communications, and teamwork skills
- Build community service and outreach experience
- Compete in competitions in your discipline on a local, regional, national and international
- Meet industry recruiters and engineering professionals
- Participate in field trips and hands-on experience
- Build self-confidence
How Organizations Operate
Each organization is governed with their own bylaws as created by the executive committees
and advisors upon the formation of the organization. Individual organization's mission
and objectives can be found on the specific websites. Most organizations use a point
system to gauge involvement. Those who are most involved will reap the most benefits
of the organization.
How to Join
- Fall Engineering Kick-Off Event – Engineering student organizations are an important part of this event and are ready
to talk to you about their organization and sign you up on the spot!
- Student Organization Meetings – Attend a student organization meeting of your choice and talk to the officers to
join while you are there.
- Contact the EOC – Contact the EOC at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will connect you with the representative(s) of the organization(s) you are
interesting in joining.