Dennis Arnett, Ph.D.
Associate Dean for Undergraduate Studies and External Relations & John B. Malouf Professor of Marketing - Marketing and Supply Chain Management
Education: Ph.D., Texas Tech University (1999)
Area of Expertise: Marketing Strategy
Room Number: W357
About DennisProfessor Arnett is the Associate Dean for Undergraduate Studies and External Relations & John B. Malouf Professor of Marketing. Dr. Arnett holds a B.S. in Mathematics from Occidental College, a Master of Arts in Education from Alliant International University and a Ph.D. in Business Administration from Texas Tech University. Dr. Arnett's research focuses on three interrelated areas: (1) competition theory and its implications for marketing theory and practice, (2) relationship marketing theory, and (3) theory related to sales and sales management practices. His research appears in the Journal of Marketing, Journal of Public Policy and Marketing, Journal of Retailing, Journal of Marketing Theory and Practice, Journal of Business Research, Journal of Business and Industrial Marketing, Journal of Personal Selling and Sales Management, Industrial Marketing Management, and others.
- Arnett, Dennis B. and C. Michael Wittmann (2014), “Improving Marketing Success: The Role of Tacit Knowledge Exchange between Sales and Marketing,” Journal of Business Research, 67 (3), 324-331.
- Arnett, Dennis B. and Sreedhar Madhavaram (2012), “Multinational Enterprise Competition: Grounding the Eclectic Paradigm of Foreign Production in Resource-Advantage Theory,” Journal of Business & Industrial Marketing, 27(7), 572-581.
- Sandvik, Izabela L., Dennis B. Arnett, and Kåre Sandvik (2011), “The Effects of New Product Development Proficiency on Product Advantage and Business Performance: Evidence from the Norwegian Hotel Industry,” Journal of Travel Research, 50 (6), 641-653.
Awards and Honors
- Awarded (with Shelby D. Hunt and Sreedhar Madhavaram) Emerald Literati Highly Commended Award, 2007 (for article appearing in the Journal of Business & Industrial Marketing)
- Fulbright Scholar, 2006-2007