Policies and Procedures
Amdended Policies and Procedures
In addition to the standard policies and procedures, temporary policies are in affect due to the COVID-19 situation:
- Face Masks - Students/visitors are required to wear face masks or appropriate face coverings for the duration of their visit.
- Seating - Seating is limited to 25 computer stations.
- Hours of Operation - The Rawls Testing Center (RTC) will be open only when tests are scheduled and only for students who are testing at that time. See the full semester schedule on the Hours of Operation page.
- Locker Room Closed - Information about storing belongings during exams is available from the Student Resources page.
- Check-in/Check-out Process - The modified process is detailed on the Student Resources page.
- Facility Closure - Faculty must be prepared for the eventuality of extended Testing Center closures and the resulting necessity for online exam administration.
The Rawls Testing Center has 68 computers, 3 of which are ADA compliant. The testing center computers are configured with the minimal software required for testing. The Rawls Testing Center only administers on campus Undergraduate course exams.
Hours of Operation
The role of Rawls Testing Center proctors is served by Rawls graduate students. Proctors will move around the room during a test to monitor student progress, ensure that no unauthorized materials are present, and ensure academic integrity is upheld. They are able to answer basic Blackboard log-in questions and provide support to students during their test session in the testing center. All other proctor tasks will be given per manager discretion, including computer usage.
The Rawls Testing Center is not an open university computer lab. Any organizations or individuals outside of the Rawls College of Business Administration must seek permission from the Dean's Office at least two weeks prior to the event, including tours and photography.
Lost and Found Items
The Rawls Testing Center is not responsible for lost personal items or data loss during an outage. Any personal items found by the staff will be placed will be turned in to the main lost and found (Support Services - Room 107).
The following policies and procedures are designed specifically for faculty teaching an undergraduate course that will use the Rawls Testing Center for administering electronic tests. Faculty should also make themselves aware of the policies and procedures that their students must follow when using the testing center.
The Rawls Testing Center will only support the use of Blackboard and Certiport for testing.
Scheduling a Test
Faculty may request to schedule a test in the Rawls Testing Center for the duration of one academic semester only (Fall, Spring or Summer). Faculty may make their scheduling request by using the Rawls Test Management System. All testing requests, including changes, must be in writing or come from the instructor via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. The Rawls Testing Center will provide confirmation to requests and changes. Scheduling may be made beginning four weeks prior to the semester in which the testing center is needed. Instructor course evaluations and specialized tasks are not to be completed by students in the testing center without prior arrangement.
- Faculty must provide the following information in their scheduling request:
- Name of faculty member
- Course ID, section number and number of students per section
- Test name and description
- Start date/time and end date/time as well as test length.
- Testing materials needed. For example, calculator (provided by Testing Center), 3 X 5 notecard, etc. Any formula sheets should be incorporated into the test as a PDF with a link for students to access. The Rawls Testing Center provides scratch paper unless otherwise stated. NOTE: All paper materials used during a test will be collected from students at check-out and properly disposed of.
- A vaild alternate phone number must be provided. It will only be contacted in the event of a problem with either a student or the test.
Test Dates and Time Limits
Policy for General Testing Center Outages
The following policies and procedures are for all students testing in the Rawls Testing Center. Students are responsible for reviewing the following policies and procedures, prior to taking an exam in the testing center.