Fall 2016 Volunteer Fair
Monday, September 19, 2016
10:00 am - 1:00 pm
Student Union Building, Red Raider Ballroom
Registration Deadline: Monday, August 29 at 5:00 pm
The Volunteer Fair is an excellent opportunity to:
- recruit new members to your organization;
- connect with other individuals who share similar interests;
- become involved in service events and activities;
- make a lasting impact in your community
Register early to reserve a table as space is limited. The first 40 community agencies and 20 student service organizations that register are guaranteed a table; thereafter a waiting list will be generated. After receipt of your application, an e-mail confirmation will be sent.
- Check in for confirmed organizations begin at 9:15 am.
- Two representatives per table are allowed.
- The waitlist is determined by the date of each reservation. Starting at 9:30, tables will be reassigned based on the waiting list.
- All displays, signs and posters must fit within the 6’ table area and cannot stick out or impede any other organization's space or efforts.
- Organizations must use the table assigned to them; switching is prohibited.
- At least one representative must be present throughout the Volunteer Fair. Leaving items at your assigned table without member representation is not permitted.
- Organizations may not sell items or walk around and hand out items.
- Power outlets will not be available, no generators are permitted, and media equipment will not be provided.
If you do not receive an email confirmation within 48 hours (Monday-Friday), require special accommodations or have questions, contact:
Student Union & Activities
Kristin Miller, Unit Coordinator
Here is what people are saying about our fair:
“Thank you so much for inviting the Volunteer Center to your Volunteer Fair! We enjoyed
getting to meet students and sharing with them the importance of volunteering.”
Volunteer Center of Lubbock
“Thank you again for having us at the volunteer fair. It was very well organized and
the food was great! I hope we can attend the next fair.”
Big Brothers Big Sisters
“I would like to thank you so much for your gracious invitation and all the amenities that your organization provided. This was the first time that I have attended a Volunteer Fair. I really enjoyed myself yesterday. I am already looking forward to the next one.”
Family Promise of Lubbock