Thank you for your interest in the Texas Tech Student Union. Our space has flexible spaces to accomodate any type of meeting. The Reservations Office is available to assist you in planning your event and finding the best room to fit your needs.
Any department or registered student organization may reserve a room at the Student Union. There is a charge for departments to use the meeting rooms and the charge varies depending on which rooms are reserved. There are 22 meeting rooms, including the Escondido Theater. The rooms are located on the 1st and 2nd floor of the Student Union, and the basement, where the Escondido Theater is located. The Allen Theatre is also located in the Student Union; it is a fully functional theater which seats 968 people and is handicap accessible.
To reserve a room, you can call the Reservations Office at the Student Union at (806) 742-3636, come by room 203 (room 203 is located on the second floor at the south end), or e-mail Belinda Arredondo. The rooms are available by reservation during the hours that the building is open. The building hours are Monday - Friday 7am-11pm, Saturday 8am-11pm, and Sunday 12pm-11pm.
The Matador Lounge (Faculty Lounge) is not reservable between the hours of 8am-5pm Monday – Friday; however, it is available after 5pm on Monday - Friday and all day Saturday and Sunday.
PLEASE NOTE: Reservations are taken Monday – Friday from 8am – 5pm. Any online reservations request after 5pm will be seen the next day. Email or Online Requests made after 5 pm on Fridays & any time on Saturday and Sunday will be handeled Monday morning.
Also any reservations request made the same day that you need the reservation, will need to be made in person. (Monday – Friday between 8am – 5pm)
Instructions for making a reservation online:
- You must create an account. Click “Add” on the login screen.
- Fill in all the blanks, especially Phone Number so that we can contact you with any questions.
- On the Welcome screen, click Create New Request to request a room.
- Click Free/Busy to see what rooms are available on any day.
- For Request Description, enter the name/dept/organization needing the reservation.
- For Resource Type: Select the room type that best matches the room you need.
- For Capacity, type the maximum number of people you’re expecting.
- Type of Schedule: Choose the best fit for your reservation.
- Click Next.
- Fill out the date and times you need a room. If you are flexible on either, check the box for next available date/time. Click Next.
- Beside Activity Memo fill in the description of your event (i.e. committee meeting, reception with food, speaker, etc.)
- Beside Event Memo, type your FOP number if you are reserving for a dept.
- Beside Special Notes, type needs such as LCD, Sound, Dry Erase Board, Stage, etc.
- Click Next.
- Look over the confirmation and if everything is correct, Click Finish.
- Your Pending Request will show up on the Welcome screen.
- You will receive an email when your reservation is approved. The email will include the room, date, and time that was approved. If there is an issue with the reservation, you will receive a call from one of our Reservations staff.
- If you need to cancel a request, click the X on the far right side of the pending request line.
- To change your contact information or password, click on your name in the top right corner of the screen.
- Remember Student Organizations may only have three reservations scheduled at one time.
- Departments are charged for room reservations and therefore a FOP is required.