The Clabber Hill Ranch Scholarship Endowment was established by Mr. Sam C. Arnett,
III in 2000. The scholarship is awarded to undergraduate students of all classifications,
majoring in the Department of Agricultural and Applied Economics.
Clabber Hill ranch was originally purchased by Sam's grandfather in 1917 with the
selling of the Nunn ranch. The ranch was located near Odessa, TX and over 10,000 head
of cattle were located there until 1922 when the ranch was sold for $51 million and
renamed the Bell Ranch. Sam established this scholarship in honor of his grandfather's
dedication to the agricultural industry.