Texas Tech Dairy Barn
Meetings & Events
An iconic landmark located in the center of the Texas Tech University campus, the Dairy Barn is a beautiful and convenient place for meetings and events.
Spaces are available for use by Texas Tech students, faculty, and staff. The first floor features historical and dairy industry exhibits, and the multi-purpose studios on the first floor are great spaces for student club and organization meetings, tutoring, study and collaboration sessions, seminar courses, and more.
The second floor features an incredible view of campus along with historical photos from when the Dairy Barn was manufacturing dairy products, and the event space is just right for small to medium events, receptions, conferences, large meetings, educational programs and lectures, etc.
Events are scheduled between the hours of 9 a.m. and 4 p.m. Monday through Friday. Exceptions outside these times may be considered on a case-by-case basis.
Because spaces are limited, reservations must be made in advance. Reservations are accepted on a first-come-first-served basis with priority given to the Davis College of Agricultural Sciences & Natural Resources.
Rental rates are based on half day (4 hour) reservations. Reservations accepted for nights or weekends will have a higher rate.
Room: Multi-Purpose Studios (1st Floor)
Texas Tech University Entity Rate: $50
Outside Entity Rate: $100
Room: Loft (2nd Floor)
Texas Tech University Entity Rate: $250
Outside Entity Rate: $450
Important Dairy Barn Rental Information
RESERVATIONS: Reservations must be made a minimum of 5 business days prior to the event date.
SHORT NOTICE AND NO-SHOW FEES: Fees will be assessed for any room not used on the day of reservation. Short notice and day-of reservations will incur an additional fee.
CHANGES OR CANCELLATIONS: May be made up to 2 business days in advance. Changes to room set ups or cancellations made less than 2 business days in advance will incur a $50 fee.
DAMAGES AND EXCESS CLEAN-UP:
- No dye, glitter, or confetti is allowed. No tape, nails, or tacks are to be used to hang banners or signs on the walls, shades, ceilings, or mill work. Arrangements need to be made with the facilities coordinator if a banner or sign must be displayed.
- All flame candles must be in or on a container large enough to capture all run-off wax. Electric candles preferred.
- No smoke machines, sparklers, or fireworks are allowed.
- There is no smoking allowed inside the building.
- The Dairy Barn reserves the right to charge an additional clean-up fee for any event where excessive clean-up is required. The customer will receive immediate notification of any additional charges.
- No weapons/firearms are allowed in the Dairy Barn or on its grounds.
- Audio Visual support is available; staff overtime charges may apply.
- The Texas Tech Dairy Barn and the Davis College of Agricultural Sciences & Natural Resources are not responsible for lost, stolen, or missing items.
- Customer renting the facility is also responsible for any damages caused by any vendor (IE: Decorator, DJ, Florist) hired to help with the event.
- None of the lobby furniture or art can be moved without permission. If permission is given only staff can move these items, and labor charges may be applied.
The Texas Tech Dairy Barn takes a commonsense approach in allowing our guest the freedom to customize and decorate the facilities. We do expect normal wear and tear during an event however charges of $50 minimum will apply if the following situations occur:
- Damage to walls, furniture, curtains, fixtures, accessories, plants, floor coverings, etc.
- Use of dyes, glitter, or confetti
- Tape, nails, or tacks in walls, fixtures, molding, or any other piece of property on the grounds
- Unauthorized movement of furniture
- Other damages or theft of Texas Tech Dairy Barn property
- Candle wax damage to furniture, linens, carpets, flooring, or walls. Smoke or fire damage from excess candles or use of sparklers.
- Using fog machine, sparklers, or other items that might set off a false fire alarm.
Guest parking is available on campus and will be coordinated through University Transportation & Parking Services; fees will apply.
Priority catering is provided through Top Tier; fees will apply.
For questions and to make reservations, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Davis College of Agricultural Sciences & Natural Resources
AddressP.O. Box 42123, Lubbock, Texas 79409-2123, Dean’s Office Location: Goddard Building, Room 108