Convocation; CASNR faculty honored for excellence in teaching, research
Five outstanding faculty members from Texas Tech's College of Agricultural Sciences and Natural Resources received awards for their quality teaching and research during the university's annual Faculty Honors Convocation on Wednesday (Apr. 25) at the Human Sciences Building.
Convocation is a way to recognize the accomplishments and the achievements in teaching, research and service of the faculty, said President Guy Bailey. Among the awards were:
- President's Excellence in Teaching Award. David Doerfert, a professor of agricultural communications and graduate studies coordinator with the Department of Agricultural Education and Communications
- Texas Tech Alumni Association New Faculty Award. David Rogowski, an assistant professor with the Department of Natural Resources Management
- Texas Tech Parents Association Barnie E. Rushing Jr. Faculty Distinguished Research Award (STEM disciplines). Eric Hequet, a professor with the Department of Plant and Soil Science and associate director of the Fiber and Biopolymer Research Institute.
Meanwhile, two Texas Tech Parents Association Faculty Awards were presented. Ryan Rathmann, an assistant professor with the Department of Animal and Food Sciences and the recipient of the John W. and Doris Jones Endowed Professorship, was given the Hemphill Wells New Professor's Excellence in Teaching Award. Scott Burris, an associate professor with the Department of Agricultural Education and Communications, received the Spencer A. Wells Faculty Award for Creativity in Teaching.
Separately, Emeritus Faculty Certificates were presented to former Department of Natural Resources Management faculty member Carlton Britton and Harlan Thorvilson formerly with the Department of Plant and Soil Science. Texas Tech's Faculty Honors Convocation officials also recognized the university's Paul Whitfield Horn Professors, which include Vivien Allen, Michael Galyean and Markus Miller from CASNR. It is the highest honor faculty can receive from the university.
Written by Norman Martin
CONTACT: Michael Galyean, Dean, College of Agricultural Sciences and Natural Resources, Texas Tech University at (806) 742-2808 or email@example.com
0426NM12 / PHOTO: (Clockwise from Top Left) Scott Burris, David Doerfert, Eric Hequet, Ryan Rathmann and David Rogowski
- Agricultural & Applied Economics
- Agricultural Education & Communications
- Animal & Food Sciences
- Landscape Architecture
- Natural Resources Management
- Plant & Soil Science
- Veterinary Science
Editor: Norman Martin
Maps: Where to Find It