Rodeo Update: Tech rodeo teams place second at Western Texas College contest
Texas Tech's rodeo teams roped and rode to second place honors over the weekend at the Western Texas College in Snyder, highlighted by strong individual performances in barrel racing, bull riding and calf roping.
- Barrel Racing: Taylor Langdon, a senior exercise sports major from Aubrey. First in go-round one; First in the finals; First overall
- Barrel Racing: Traci Bailey, a senior agricultural education major from Payson, Utah. Tenth in go round one, Seventh in the finals, Seventh overall.
- Team Roping: Cierra Kunesh, junior animal and food sciences major from Helena, Montana. Sixth in go-round one; Eighth overall
- Breakaway Calf Roping: Kirsten Stubbs, a senior agriculture and applied economics major from Clint. Eighth in go-round one; Seventh in the finals, Seventh overall.
- Bull Riding: Zach Peterson, an agribusiness major from Afton, Iowa. Second in go-round one; Second overall
- Bull Riding:Stormy Rasberry, a sophomore business major from Roby, Sixth in go-round one; Sixth overall
- Calf Roping: Garrett Hale, a junior agriculture and applied economics major from Snyder. Seventh in go-round one; First in the finals; Third overall
- Calf Roping: Layne Norton, an agricultural economics major from Carlsbad, NM. Fourth in go-round one; Second in the finals (tie); Second overall
- Team Roping: Wyatt Erickson, a sophomore business major Calgary, Canada. Sixth in go-round one; Eighth overall
Written by Norman Martin
CONTACT: Chris Guay, rodeo coach, Department of Animal and Food Sciences, Texas Tech University at (806) 742-2805 ext. 256 or www.ttu.edu/rodeo
0326NM13 / PHOTO: Richard 'Whitty' Whittenburg "" Two Dog Enterprises