Rodeo Update: Zach Peterson, Taylor Langdon shine at Howard College Rodeo
Strong performances in barrel racing and bull riding by Texas Tech's rodeo team members led the Lubbock-based team over the weekend at the Howard College Rodeo in Big Spring.
According to Texas Tech Rodeo Coach Chris Guay, prominent performances included:Bull Riding: Zach Peterson, an agriculture and applied economics major from Afton, Iowa. Fifth in go-round one; First in short go-round; First overall. The win puts the Tech student into second place in the National Intercollegiate Rodeo Association- Southwest Region bull riding standings.
- Calf Roping: Klay Kirkes, a senior petroleum engineering major from Carlsbad, NM. Second in the finals; Fourth overall
- Barrel Racing: Taylor Langdon, a senior exercise sports major from Aubrey. First in go-round one; Fourth in the short go-round; Second overall. The placing solidified her regional barrel racing championship status, and gives her a ticket to June's college national finals rodeo in Casper, Wyoming.
- Goat Tying: Traci Bailey, a senior agricultural education major from Payson, Utah. Third in the finals; Fourth overall.
Written by Norman Martin
CONTACT: Chris Guay, rodeo coach, Department of Animal and Food Sciences, Texas Tech University at (806) 742-2805 ext. 256 or www.ttu.edu/rodeo
0416NM13 / PHOTO: Richard 'Whitty' Whittenburg "" Two Dog Enterprises
- Agricultural & Applied Economics
- Agricultural Education & Communications
- Animal & Food Sciences
- Landscape Architecture
- Natural Resources Management
- Plant & Soil Science
- Veterinary Science
Editor: Norman Martin
Maps: Where to Find It