Good Morning; Tech's Student Union home for CASNR Homecoming Breakfast
College of Agricultural Sciences and Natural Resources alumni will get a warm welcome Saturday (Oct. 12) as the graduates, young and old, celebrate the annual Homecoming Breakfast festivities at Texas Tech University's Student Union Building in Lubbock.
"This is an excellent opportunity to see and renew old acquaintances with graduates from all the departments," said Michael Galyean, dean of Tech's College of Agricultural Sciences and Natural Resources.
The breakfast, which kicks-off at 8 a.m., will be held in the Red Raider Ballroom. To offset the cost of the event, CASNR officials are encouraging a $10 donation. Texas Tech officials note that parking will be available in lot R-3, south of Texas Tech's main library. Enter the lot from 18th Street near The Maedgen Theatre and Psychology building.Following breakfast, other activities include:
- Open House - Department of Agricultural and Applied Economics. Agricultural Sciences Building, Room 319
- Alumni Meat Judging Contest - Meat Science Program. Gordon W. Davis Meat Laboratory. (Exact time pending the football game schedule)
- Tailgate - Department of Animal and Food Sciences. Animal and Food Sciences' building parking lot. All AFS alumni and students are invited. (Exact time pending the football game schedule)
- Tailgate - Student American Society of Landscape Architecture. R01 parking lot, North of the CASNR Annex building (old Animal Science building) inside Raider Gate. All landscape architecture department alumni and students are invited. (Exact time pending the football game schedule)
Meanwhile, the Student American Society of Landscape Architecture will be hosting a Homecoming Social from 3-7:00 p.m. at the Triple J Chophouse and Brew Co. at 1807 Buddy Holly Avenue. The Department of Plant and Soil Science is hosting a Faculty Hall of Fame reception from 5:30-7:30 p.m. in Room 101 of the Goddard building. In addition, the Agricultural Education and Communications Alumni Association is hosting a Homecoming Party from 6-9:00 p.m. at the Bayer Museum of Agriculture at 1121 Canyon Lake Drive. There will be a brief alumni meeting at 7:30 p.m.
Written by Norman Martin
CONTACT: Tracee Murph, Coordinator of Alumni Relations, College of Agricultural Sciences and Natural Resources, Texas Tech University at (806)742-2802 or email@example.com
- Agricultural & Applied Economics
- Agricultural Education & Communications
- Animal & Food Sciences
- Landscape Architecture
- Natural Resources Management
- Plant & Soil Science
- Veterinary Science
Editor: Norman Martin
Maps: Where to Find It