Honors banquet, Bruce Vincent lecture highlight CASNR Awareness Week
Texas Tech University's College of Agricultural Sciences and Natural Resources kicks off its annual 'Agriculture and Natural Resources Awareness Week' later this month with several events that showcase the college's students to the campus community.
One of the week's highlights is a special lecture by Montana timber man Bruce Vincent. The title of Vincent's presentation at Tech will be, "Face the Crowd: Addressing consumers' concerns about environmental stewardship." He will deliver his lecture at 6 p.m. on Tuesday (Apr. 21) in the Red Raider Ballroom of Tech's Student Union Building.
Hosted by Tech's College of Agricultural Sciences and Natural Resources Agricultural Awareness Week, admission to the presentation which will focus on environmental stewardship is free and open to the public. Vincent serves as president of Communities for a Great Northwest, a non-profit education and information group dedicated to the intelligent use of our natural resources.
Meantime, Friday (Apr. 24) is highlighted with recognition of standout students, staff and faculty from across CASNR. They will be honored the college's annual Honors Banquet at the university's McKenzie-Merket Alumni Center. Separately, Tech will mark its annual celebration of sustainability and community that day, with its annual Arbor Day event Friday (Apr. 24). The event is a partnership among Student Union & Activities, Hospitality Services, Center for Campus Life, Tech Activities Board, Grounds Maintenance and the Texas Tech Ethics Center.
Among the events planned are:
- Sunday, April 19 - Ag Olympics; 2 p.m. at Animal and Food Sciences Arena
- Monday, April 20 - Award-winning documentary, "Farmland" 2 p.m. at National Ranching Heritage Museum
- Tuesday, April 21 - Keynote Speaker Bruce Vincent; 6 p.m. at Red Raider Ballroom
- Thursday, April 23 - 'Where's the Food Without the Farmer?' Program; 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. at Texas Tech Free Speech Area
- Friday, April 24 - Arbor Day, Texas Tech Campus; CASNR Honors Banquet at 6:30 p.m., McKenzie-Merket Alumni Center
Written by Norman Martin
CONTACT: Michael Galyean, Dean, College of Agricultural Sciences and Natural Resources, Texas Tech University at (806) 742-2808 or email@example.com
- Agricultural & Applied Economics
- Agricultural Education & Communications
- Animal & Food Sciences
- Landscape Architecture
- Natural Resources Management
- Plant & Soil Science
- Veterinary Science
Editor: Norman Martin
Maps: Where to Find It