CASNR Awards presented to outstanding faculty, staff at Merket Alumni Center
Eight faculty and staff members were honored for service and support of Texas Tech University's College of Agricultural Sciences and Natural Resources on Friday (Aug. 21) during a special evening ceremony at the university's McKenzie-Merket Alumni Center.
The 2015 CASNR award recipients included:
- Teaching Award: Erica Irlbeck, Department of Agricultural Education and Communications
- Research Award: Peter Dotray, Department of Plant and Soil Science
- Junior Faculty Award: Jyotsna Sharma, Department of Plant and Soil Science
- Service/Outreach Award: Charles West, Department of Plant and Soil Science
- Student Advising Award: Scott Burris, Department of Agricultural Education and Communications
- Instructor Award: Bart Durham, Department of Natural Resources Management
- Staff Award: Diann Merriman, Department of Plant and Soil Science
- Research Staff Award: Paul Green, Department of Plant and Soil Science
Earlier in the day, CASNR faculty participated in a retreat at the at the university's alumni center that focused on CASNR's Areas of Research Excellence. The topic areas included international development; sustainable land and water use; and animal health, nutrition and welfare. The program was highlighted by a keynote address by Texas Tech President Duane Nellis, followed by overview of the college presentation presented by CASNR Dean Michael Galyean.
Written by Norman Martin
CONTACT: Michael Galyean, Dean, College of Agricultural Sciences and Natural Resources, Texas Tech University at (806) 742-2808 or firstname.lastname@example.org
0824NM15 / PHOTO: (clockwise, from top left) Erica Irlbeck, Peter Dotray, Jyotsna Sharma, Charles West, Scott Burris, Bart Durham, Diann Merriman and Paul Green