College of Agricultural Sciences & Natural Resources hosting media day
By: George Watson
Researchers from various departments within Texas Tech University's College of Agricultural Sciences and Natural Resources will be available for media interviews to discuss their research fields and interests, current research underway and accomplishments both within their department and the college overall from 1 to 3 p.m. on Thursday (Sept. 5) at United Supermarkets Arena's City Bank Room.
The media day is in conjunction with the Sept. 7 football game at Jones AT&T Stadium between Texas Tech and the University of Texas-El Paso. That game has been designated as the "Celebrate Agriculture" game and will feature expos around the stadium highlighting area agriculture.
CASNR experts from the following areas will be available:
• Department of Animal & Food Sciences – Faculty are some of the leading researchers in their respective fields, which includes
food science, food safety, muscle biology, nutrition, animal well-being, breeding
and genetics, and physiology of cattle, horses, sheep, goats and swine.
• Department of Agricultural Education & Communication – Faculty help prepare students who major in interdisciplinary agriculture to either take a teacher certification track or an agricultural leadership track in order to prepare for careers in the public and private sector. Agricultural Communications majors learn how to communicate and advocate for the agricultural industry.
• Department of Natural Resources Management – Faculty research and educate students on the challenges of applying ecological principles and knowledge to the preservation of the environment. Natural resources include clean water, fish, wildlife and recreational opportunities, and the goal is to balance the needs of people with the sustainability of natural resources.
• Department of Agricultural and Applied Economics – Faculty and research in this department are concerned with the economic impacts of agribusiness both on a national and international scale. Researchers in this field are some of the most highly respected experts in their fields with regard to globalization, technological change and changing governmental policies.
• Department of Plant & Soil Science – Faculty in this department conduct plant research from the cellular level through large-scale ecosystems, some of which is at the forefront of research being done around the world. Research in this department encompasses everything from cotton to viticulture and water management.
• Department of Landscape Architecture – Faculty in this department research and educate students on the best practices for creating, maintaining and preserving large-scale landscape infrastructure, whether it's associated with other construction or preservation of current landscape that is beneficial for society.
CONTACT: William Brown, Dean, College of Agricultural Sciences and Natural Resources, Texas Tech University at (806) 742-2808 or email@example.com
- Agricultural & Applied Economics
- Agricultural Education & Communications
- Animal & Food Sciences
- Landscape Architecture
- Natural Resources Management
- Plant & Soil Science
- Veterinary Science
Editor: Norman Martin
Maps: Where to Find It