Virtual CASNR awards ceremony honors outstanding faculty, staff members
By: Norman Martin
Nine faculty and staff members were honored for service and support of Texas Tech University's College of Agricultural Sciences and Natural Resources this week during a virtual ceremony.
The 2020 CASNR Award recipients include:
• Teaching Award: Peter Dotray, Rockwell Chair of Weed Science with joint appointment with Texas A&M Agrilife Research
& Extension Service; Department of Plant and Soil Science
• Research Award: Carlos Carpio, Professor, Department of Agricultural and Applied Economics
• Junior Faculty Award: Nathaniel Hall, Assistant Professor of Companion Animal Science, Department of Animal and Food Sciences
• Service/Outreach Award: Courtney Meyers, Professor and Graduate Studies Coordinator, Department of Agricultural Education and Communications
• International Impact Award: Amy Boren-Alpizar, Associate Professor, Department of Agricultural Education and Communications
• Student Advising Award (Graduate): Noureddine Abidi, Leidigh Professor and Managing Director of Fiber & Biopolymer Research Institute; Department of Plant and Soil Science
• Instructor Award: Jessica Thomas, Instructor, Department of Animal and Food Sciences
• Staff Award: Tate Corliss, Meat Lab Manager and Director of Raider Red Meats, Department of Animal and Food Sciences
• Research Staff Award: Khawar Arain, Manager, Cotton Phenomics Laboratory & Spinning Evaluation Lab, Fiber & Biopolymer Research Institute, Department of Plant and Soil Science
On Friday (Aug. 21) morning CASNR faculty participated in a virtual retreat that focused on how we got here and where are we going, along with an overview of the state of the college provided by CASNR Dean William Brown. This was followed by a review of new faculty, along with those who received tenure/promotion or retired.
The day before (Aug. 20), CASNR leaders met with members of the CASNR Advisory Board for a virtual meeting. The session included an update on the state of the college by Brown, and an update on CASNR's teaching and research programs during the pandemic. The session also included CASNR Advisory Board speakers Norma Johnson, Kayla Robinson, Carol Faulkenberry and Ed Arnett.
CONTACT: William Brown, Dean, College of Agricultural Sciences and Natural Resources, Texas Tech University at (806) 742-2808 or firstname.lastname@example.org
0821NM20 / PHOTO: (top row) Peter Dotray, Carlos Carpio, Nathan Hall, (middle row) Courtney Meyers, Amy Boren-Alpizar, Noureddine Abidi, (bottom row) Jessica Thomas, Tate Corliss and Khawar Arain
Editor's Note: A new online, video-orientated Red Raider Orientation is now available for our Fall 2020 incoming students. The microsite features a 'Meet the Deans' introduction, six CASNR department videos, three 'How To' videos, four 'Helpful Links' and a FAQ section.
- Agricultural & Applied Economics
- Agricultural Education & Communications
- Animal & Food Sciences
- Landscape Architecture
- Natural Resources Management
- Plant & Soil Science
- Veterinary Science
Editor: Norman Martin
Maps: Where to Find It