Objectives & Outcomes
The Environmental Engineering MEV program is accredited by the Engineering Accreditation Commission of ABET, https://www.abet.org, under the General Criteria and Program Criteria for the Environmental and Similarly Named Engineering Programs.
The Program Educational Objectives define future roles for which we are preparing our graduates.
The Program Educational Objectives for the Master's of Environmental Engineering (MEV) program are as follows:
- Graduates will attain leadership positions in their professional careers.
- Graduates will continue to develop professionally by pursuing professional registration.
- Graduates will contribute to global and local community development through environmental engineering practice.
General Student Outcomes
To enable the Civil, Environmental, and Construction Engineering students to accomplish the educational objectives, the curriculum is designed to assure that students, at the time of graduation, would be able to
Student outcomes are:
- An ability to identify, formulate, and solve complex engineering problems by applying principles of engineering, science, and mathematics.
- An ability to apply engineering design to produce solutions that meet specified needs with consideration of public health, safety, and welfare, as well as global, cultural, social, environmental, and economic factors.
- An ability to communicate effectively with a range of audiences.
- An ability to recognize ethical and professional responsibilities in engineering situations and make informed judgments, which must consider the impact of engineering solutions in global, economic, environmental, and societal contexts.
- An ability to function effectively on a team whose members together provide leadership, create a collaborative and inclusive environment, establish goals, plan tasks, and meet objectives.
- An ability to develop and conduct appropriate experimentation, analyze and interpret data, and use engineering judgment to draw conclusions.
- An ability to acquire and apply new knowledge as needed, using appropriate learning strategy.
|DEPARTMENT AND PROGRAM||FNDL||BACHELOR'S||MASTER'S||DOCTORAL||TOTAL|
Degrees Awarded (Academic Year)