Objectives & Outcomes
The Construction Engineering BS program is accredited by the Engineering Accreditation Commission of ABET, https://www.abet.org, under the General Criteria and Program Criteria for the Construction and Similarly Named Engineering Programs.
Program Educational Objectives
The CONE Program Educational Objectives are stated as follows:
- Graduates will attain leadership positions in their professional careers.
- Graduates will advance their profession through continued study, professional registration, and involvement in professional development activities.
- Graduates will contribute to global and local community development through construction engineering practice.
Student outcomes are statements of the expectations for the knowledge and skills that students should possess when they graduate with a Bachelor of Science in Construction Engineering from Texas Tech University.
Graduates of the Construction Engineering BS program must demonstrate the following:
- An ability to identify, formulate, and solve complex engineering problems by applying principles of engineering, science, and mathematics.
- An ability to apply engineering design to produce solutions that meet specified needs with consideration of public health, safety, and welfare, as well as global, cultural, social, environmental, and economic factors.
- An ability to communicate effectively with a range of audiences.
- An ability to recognize ethical and professional responsibilities in engineering situations and make informed judgments, which must consider the impact of engineering solutions in global, economic, environmental, and societal contexts.
- An ability to function effectively on a team whose members together provide leadership, create a collaborative and inclusive environment, establish goals, plan tasks, and meet objectives.
- An ability to develop and conduct appropriate experimentation, analyze and interpret data, and use engineering judgment to draw conclusions.
- An ability to acquire and apply new knowledge as needed, using appropriate learning strategy.
|DEPARTMENT AND PROGRAM
Degrees Awarded (Academic Year)