COVID-19 Absence Report
Pandemic Policy: Absence due to Illness
Due to our focus on health and safety during the COVID-19 situation, you are encouraged not to attend class or otherwise participate in face-to-face events if you are feeling ill.
If you are ill and think the symptoms might be COVID-19-related, you should do the following:
- Immediately call TTU Student Health COVID-19 Line at 806-743-2911
- Self-report as soon as possible using the COVID-19 Reporting Platform
- Students may provide the clearance to resume in-person class to the Instructor of Record directly.
If you test positive for COVID -19, self isolate immediately!
- Self-isolate & self report as soon as possible using the COVID-19 Reporting Platform
If you have interacted with individual(s) who have tested positive for COVID-19:
- Maintain a list of those persons and consult Student Health Services at 806-743-2911 or your primary care provider on next steps.
If your illness renders you unable to attend class and you have missed more than one week of class, contact the Office of the Dean of Students at 806-742-2984 or submit a COVID-19 Support Form to speak with a staff member who will work with you to determine options available to you.
Student Health Services
Clinic for currently registered TTU students. Drive-up & Walk-up COVID-19 testing is available by appointment only
806-743-2848 | website: https://www.depts.ttu.edu/studenthealth/
TTU Student Health COVID-19 Line
If you are experiencing COVID-19 symptoms, call before scheduling an in person appointment. 806-743-2911
National Disaster Distress Helpline
Provides immediate crisis counseling to those affected by the COVID-19 Pandemic.