Course Author Application
Thank you for your interest in serving as a course author for TTU K-12. We are always looking for Texas Certified teachers to create quality curriculum for our students. Please review the job description and submit your information per the instructions below.
For more information, contact:
Academics and Curriculum
We are currently in need of authors
Please feel free to submit your application and required materials. Your application will be kept in the office of the Director of Academics. As positions become available, and if your application is satisfactory, we will contact you for an interview.
The position of course author is a project-based contract position. The course author is responsible for writing quality online curriculum that meets the needs of Texas Tech University K-12 (TTU K-12) and TTU K-12 students. All curriculum must meet the standards set forth by the Texas Education Agency (TEA) and TTU K-12.
The online course author will work closely with the instructional design team to create learning activities and curriculum materials such as lessons, assessments and instructional guides. The course author will also write credit by examinations that can be used by students for acceleration or credit recovery. Other job functions include:
- Work collaboratively with instructional designers to develop course content, including lesson materials, learning activities and assessment measures
- Using TTU K-12 guidelines, write grade-appropriate, pedagogically correct online and offline manuscripts to meet identified objectives:
- Courses must cover all Texas Essential Knowledge and Skills
- Courses must meet iNACOL (International Association for K-12 Online Learning) National Standards for Quality Online Courses (v2)
- Document source materials
- Addresses feedback of instructional designers
- Work with the instructional design team to implement a comprehensive and consistent academic program
- Texas Teacher Certification – required
- Curriculum writing experience – required
- Online teaching experience – preferred
Submit the following information below:
We look forward to hearing from you!