TTU HUB Program
Texas Tech University is committed to the goal of providing the maximum opportunity for historically underutilized businesses (HUBs) to compete for university procurement opportunities. Texas Tech University will seek to achieve this goal by providing leadership and developing and growing positive HUB vendor relationships through advocacy and education. Texas Tech University will make a good faith effort to improve community awareness, to create a fair and open competitive market, and to assist HUBs to increase the number and value of contracts awarded for construction, professional services, supplies, materials, and equipment.
A Historically Underutilized Business is a for-profit entity that is at least 51% owned by an Asian Pacific American, Black American, Hispanic American, Native American, American woman and/or Service Disabled Veteran who reside in Texas and actively participate in the control, operations and management of the entity's affairs.
Texas Tech University's goals for HUB utilization are as follows:
- 7.15% for heavy construction other than building contracts;
- 16.86% for all building construction, including general contractors and operative builders' contracts;
- 24.53% for all special trade construction contracts;
- 13.61% for professional services contracts;
- 15.10% for all other services contracts; and
- 26.04% for commodities contracts
For more information, please view the State of Texas HUB Program.