Sustainability is an emerging cornerstone of the global economy, infrastructure, and culture. This transdisciplinary minor is designed for students majoring in any discipline at TTU to empower them with state-of-the-art, crosscutting tools. Students can choose to complete 18 hours in one of three areas: Sustainable Agriculture & Natural Resources, Sustainable Energy & Engineering, Sustainability in Art, Architecture & Society or students can work with an advisor to design their own coursework from the three content areas.
Minor in Sustainability Requirements:
1. Students must have a minimum 2.75 TTU GPA. Transfer students without a TTU GPA
must have a cumulative 2.75 transfer GPA.
2. A minor plan will consist of a minimum of 18 hours.
3. At least 6 of the 18 hours must be upper division (3000 or 4000) courses.
4. No more than 6 credit hours from a student's respective major can count toward this minor.
5. Prerequisites must be met prior to taking each course, unless approved by the course instructor.
6. A minimum grade of C is needed to complete each course in the minor plan.
7. Courses must be taken at Texas Tech University, unless approved by an advisor.
Speak with any of the academic advisors below to start you minor in Sustainability:
Davis College:Dr. Jyotsna Sharma or Ms. Diann Merriman
Arts & Sciences:Ms. Kacey Marshall (Renewable Energy Program)
Human Sciences:Dr. Shane Blum
University Studies:Ms. Kelsey Kern
TTU-Costa Rica:Ms. Luciana Mendiola