Tuberculosis (TB) screening is required for incoming international students (or those considered to be international students) that were born in, resided in, or traveled to one of the following countries:
UNIVERSITY POLICY REQUIRES:
- T-Spot or Quantiferon Gold blood testing is required (no skin tests).
- Tuberculosis testing must be done within the first 12 months of enrollment.
- Students with a prior BCG immunization still require tuberculosis testing.
- Students with positive TB test results will be evaluated at Student Health Services.
- For chest x-rays to be accepted in place of the blood test, chest x-rays MUST have been done in the UNITED STATES and within the last 12 months prior to enrollment.
Student Health Services personnel will apply a registration hold which will go into effect five weeks after classes start for students who meet the TB screening requirement. This hold will not be in effect during the first five weeks of class. This will allow enough time for international students to add and drop classes as needed. After five weeks, the hold will go into effect which will prevent students from being able to register for classes the following semester.
TB Screening documentation must be presented to Student Health Services OR the TB blood drawn test (T-Spot) must be administered at Student Health Services for the hold to be completely removed.
International students can contact the clinic to make an appointment for TB screening. 806.743.2848. Appointments are available Monday - Friday, from 8:00 - 2:00 for TB testing.
To understand the Meningitis requirement for all incoming students, visit our Immunization Requirements for New Students page.
TB SCREENING SHOULD BE CONSIDERED, REGARDLESS OF NATIONALITY, FOR THOSE:
Persons who have been close contacts of a person with infectious TB.
Persons with signs or symptoms of active TB.