19th Annual High and Dry Photography Exhibit Fall 2019 Study Abroad Fair “Study Abroad: Faculty-led Program Destinations” Photography Exhibit “Our TTU Family Abroad” Photography Exhibit "Adventures in Study Abroad & My Hometown" Photography Exhibit "Our TTU Family Abroad" Photography Exhibit International Student Graduation Reception Worldwide Showcase "Adventures in Study Abroad" & "My Hometown" Reception Global Guides Program Info Session 2019 Global Vision Awards Ceremony Education against Auschwitz: Challenging Bigotry with Anne Frank and Holocaust Education Global Roundup Ambassadors Forum Anne and Bill Fisher Memorial Endowed Scholarship Deadline 2019 Global Vision Awards Nominations Open till March 1st “My Hometown” Photography Competition “Adventures in Study Abroad” Photography Competition Informal info session about Study Abroad faculty led programming PUBLIC TALK: Former U.S. Ambassador, Sichan Siv to the United Nations Texas Tech Raider Roadshow Sixth Annual Robert Burns Supper Vaqueros: Genesis of the Texas Cowboy CMLL to offer English as a Second Language classes Vaquero: Genesis of the Texas Cowboy
- The sixteenth annual juried photo exhibit “High and Dry” reception is December 2
- “In the Time of the Polar Bear,” paintings by Penelope Bisbee, will be on view through
November 18, 2016
- Dia de los Muertos Procession on Oct. 28, 2016
- Russian documentary “My Friend Boris Nemtsov” and a talk by the award-winning film
director Zosya Rodkevich, Oct. 17
- Livelihoods Analysis and Mapping: Brown Bag Public Lecture by Dr. Brent McCusker
- “Swing and Big Bands in the Cinema of the 40s and 50s,” a talk by Dr. Phil Powrie
on October 20
- The Fall Study Abroad Fair will be on Wednesday, 14 September, in the Student Union
Ballroom from 10:00 am-4:00 pm
- "Fighting for the Nation's Cultural Heritage: Challenges of the National Museum of
Afghanistan", talk by Fahim Rahimi
- West x East: Paintings by Li Jiaduo of American Canyonlands
- October 3 is the deadline for this year's High and Dry photo competition
- Shamanic Skin: The Art of Magical Tattooing, a talk by Dr. Lars Krutak in the Museum
- On July 28 Dr. John Organ will deliver a lecture entitled “Integrating Science and
Politics: A Quest for Durable Decisions.”
- Putting on the Dog: Dogs without Borders
- "Morning Walk" by Walker Wellborn
- The Mola as Art Form
- "Europe through My Lens," photos by Ashton Thornhill
- Introducing a New Model for Veterinary Education: The University of Milan, Italy and
the European Paradigm
- Sitar Maestro Ustad Usman Khan will be performing at the International Cultural Center
on April 23rd at 6:00 - 7:30 pm
- Gilbert Tuhabonye, genocide survivor, philanthropist, and author of This Voice in
My Heart, to speak at ICC on May 18
- "Which Way Should I Go?" photos by Nabi Kamyabi
- Reception for "Adventures in Study Abroad" photo exhibit is April 4 from 4:00-5:30
- MEXICO 2000 at the Lubbock Arts Festival, April 16
- The Kenya Scholars and Studies Association (KESSA) annual conference
- TTU to send delegation to the Model United Nations conference in April
- Area Students Advance to State Competition Following South Plains Regional History
- Fourth Annual International Arts and Culture Symposium
- Texas Tech University to host NAFSA Texas State Conference on March 3rd and 4th
- Ballet Folklorico Dancing Company in Lubbock on Saturday, April 16, 2016 7pm
- "Baladas da Galicia Imaxinaria," a Concert and Conversation with Uxía Senlle and Fran
Pérez ("Narf") on March 22
- Area Middle School and High School Students to Compete in South Plains Regional History
Day at TTU Museum on Feb. 27
- On March 7 at 5:30 pm four former U.S. Ambassadors will discuss U.S. interests in
a chaotic Middle East
- Register with OLLI to see Korean Films on Feb. 18 at ICC.
- Students invited to apply to represent TTU at the University Scholars Leadership Forum.
- March 1 is the deadline to submit nominations for the annual Global Vision Awards.
- The Painted Story, acrylics by Brian Brogan, on exhibit until March 11
- Study Abroad Week
- "Written on Water," a documentary film by Merri Lisa Trigilio about the Ogallala Aquifer,
will have its West Texas Premiere at 7:00 pm on 2/4/16 at Alamo Drafthouse (free admission)
- Submit Your Best Study Abroad Photos to the Annual "Adventures in Study Abroad" Photo
- Fifteenth annual juried photo exhibit "High and Dry" from Nov. 24, 2015 – January
- "International Year of Soils," on Nov. 6 in Room 108 of Plant Science Building
- K-12 GEO will observe Armed Forces Day at Waters Elementary on Nov. 6 from 8:15 AM
until 3:15 PM
- "Museum Revolution," award-winning Russian film on Oct. 22 at 6:00 pm
- Annual Dia de los Muertos Procession starts at 5:30 pm on 10/30 at ICC
- TTU Chosen to Be the Site of Sultan Qaboos Cultural Center's 2015 Annual Conference
- Panel Discussion on 11/5 to feature Omani Ambassador and former U.S. Ambassador to
- HRH Prince Georg von Habsburg-Lothringen to speak in the ICC auditorium about "Russia
and the European Union in Perspective"
- "The Indigenous Tarahumara of Mexico" reception and presentation on 9/29 in Croslin
Rm of Library.
- Study Abroad Focus Week and Study Abroad Fair.
- TTU ICC hosts the opening film in the TTU International Film Series.
- My Hometown 2015: Photographs by TTU's International Students.
- October 5 is the deadline for this year's "High and Dry" photo competition.
- Putting on the Dog: Dogs without Borders.
- Call for Entries for the ICC's Annual "Putting on the Dog" Photo Exhibit.
- Human Rights Art Exhibition: Works from the permanent human rights art collection
at South Texas College and local artists.
- 4th annual Turkish festival on Wednesday, April 8th, 2015.
- International Week 2015.
- Closing reception for "Adventures in Study Abroad" photo exhibit will be April 15,
- Vadim Astrakhan to perform his translations of the songs of Vladimir Vysotsky in the
ICC Auditorium on 3/2/2015 at 6:00 PM.
- Worldwide Showcase on Sunday, April 12, Citibank Auditorium, 2:00 pm.
- South Plains Regional History Day Competition to be held March 7, 2015.
- K-12 GEO co-sponsors the third annual International Arts and Culture Symposium at
- "Afghanistan—Yesterday and Tomorrow," a talk by Ambassador Ronald E. Neumann on 2/5
at 5:30 p.m.
- "Moments in Time: Images of Life Near and Far," photographs by Stuart L. Posner, on
view January 19-February 27, 2015.
- The ART Series by Jiawei Gong, January 20-March 2, 2015, East Gallery.
- "Soil Science Around the Globe – Issues, Intervention, and Opportunities"-By Dr. David C. Weindorf.
- TEDx Talk "ENEMIES" – a search for light in terrible conflict, 1/26 at noon in TTUHSC's
- "Food, Agriculture and Nutrition Strategy for Africa," A talk by former USAID Program
Director Mark Wentling, 1/22 at 5:30 pm, ICC Rm 105.
- "How to get Funded by USAID," a talk by Mark Wentling on 1/22 from 12-2 pm in ICC
- "World of Colors" International Pageant at City Bank Auditorium on Nov. 21 from 6-8
- ICASALS to sponsor Yakona, a film about water issues in Texas (part of the Flatland
- Public reception for the 14th annual juried photo exhibit "High and Dry: Peoples and
Places of the World's Dry Lands" is December 5.
- "Retrieving Lost Lives in the Archives: A Russian Family in the Maelstrom of History,"
a talk by Professor Veronique Jobert on 11/13 at 5:30 p.m. in Room 105
- An Evening with Filmmaker Lawrence Jordan on Oct. 21.
- Blood, a Russian documentary directed by Alina Rudnitskaya, will be shown (Russian
with English subtitles).
- Lubbock's 15th annual Día de los Muertos Procession will start at TTU's International
- K-12 Geo unit prepares sugar skulls for Heritage Halloween.
- Why Music Education Is Essential
- Study Abroad Week starts Wednesday, 9/3.
- Study Abroad Fair set for Wednesday, September 10, 10:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
- "My Hometown," a juried photo exhibit featuring work by TTU's international students,
will be on view through October 14, 2014..
- Oct. 3 is the deadline for this year's "High and Dry" photo competition.
- Attention International Students! Deadline for “My Hometown” photo competition is
August 12, 2014.
- Putting on the Dog: the dog as subject in fine art photography.
- Art by Artists from the Public Art Committee.
- 5th Annual “Putting on the Dog: International Dog Days” Photo Exhibit Call for Entries.
- TTU to visit Zimbabwe in summer 2014.