- The sixteenth annual juried photo exhibit “High and Dry” reception is December 2
- “In the Time of the Polar Bear,” paintings by Penelope Bisbee, will be on view through
November 18, 2016
- Dia de los Muertos Procession on Oct. 28, 2016
- Russian documentary “My Friend Boris Nemtsov” and a talk by the award-winning film
director Zosya Rodkevich, Oct. 17
- Livelihoods Analysis and Mapping: Brown Bag Public Lecture by Dr. Brent McCusker
- “Swing and Big Bands in the Cinema of the 40s and 50s,” a talk by Dr. Phil Powrie
on October 20
- The Fall Study Abroad Fair will be on Wednesday, 14 September, in the Student Union
Ballroom from 10:00 am-4:00 pm
- "Fighting for the Nation's Cultural Heritage: Challenges of the National Museum of
Afghanistan", talk by Fahim Rahimi
- West x East: Paintings by Li Jiaduo of American Canyonlands
- October 3 is the deadline for this year's High and Dry photo competition
- Shamanic Skin: The Art of Magical Tattooing, a talk by Dr. Lars Krutak in the Museum
- On July 28 Dr. John Organ will deliver a lecture entitled “Integrating Science and
Politics: A Quest for Durable Decisions.”
- Putting on the Dog: Dogs without Borders
- "Morning Walk" by Walker Wellborn
- The Mola as Art Form
- "Europe through My Lens," photos by Ashton Thornhill
- Introducing a New Model for Veterinary Education: The University of Milan, Italy and
the European Paradigm
- Sitar Maestro Ustad Usman Khan will be performing at the International Cultural Center
on April 23rd at 6:00 - 7:30 pm
- Gilbert Tuhabonye, genocide survivor, philanthropist, and author of This Voice in
My Heart, to speak at ICC on May 18
- "Which Way Should I Go?" photos by Nabi Kamyabi
- Reception for "Adventures in Study Abroad" photo exhibit is April 4 from 4:00-5:30
- MEXICO 2000 at the Lubbock Arts Festival, April 16
- The Kenya Scholars and Studies Association (KESSA) annual conference
- TTU to send delegation to the Model United Nations conference in April
- Area Students Advance to State Competition Following South Plains Regional History
- Fourth Annual International Arts and Culture Symposium
- Texas Tech University to host NAFSA Texas State Conference on March 3rd and 4th
- Ballet Folklorico Dancing Company in Lubbock on Saturday, April 16, 2016 7pm
- "Baladas da Galicia Imaxinaria," a Concert and Conversation with Uxía Senlle and Fran
Pérez ("Narf") on March 22
- Area Middle School and High School Students to Compete in South Plains Regional History
Day at TTU Museum on Feb. 27
- On March 7 at 5:30 pm four former U.S. Ambassadors will discuss U.S. interests in
a chaotic Middle East
- Register with OLLI to see Korean Films on Feb. 18 at ICC.
- Students invited to apply to represent TTU at the University Scholars Leadership Forum.
- March 1 is the deadline to submit nominations for the annual Global Vision Awards.
- The Painted Story, acrylics by Brian Brogan, on exhibit until March 11
- Study Abroad Week
- "Written on Water," a documentary film by Merri Lisa Trigilio about the Ogallala Aquifer,
will have its West Texas Premiere at 7:00 pm on 2/4/16 at Alamo Drafthouse (free admission)
- Submit Your Best Study Abroad Photos to the Annual "Adventures in Study Abroad" Photo
- Fifteenth annual juried photo exhibit "High and Dry" from Nov. 24, 2015 – January
- "International Year of Soils," on Nov. 6 in Room 108 of Plant Science Building
- K-12 GEO will observe Armed Forces Day at Waters Elementary on Nov. 6 from 8:15 AM
until 3:15 PM
- "Museum Revolution," award-winning Russian film on Oct. 22 at 6:00 pm
- Annual Dia de los Muertos Procession starts at 5:30 pm on 10/30 at ICC
- TTU Chosen to Be the Site of Sultan Qaboos Cultural Center's 2015 Annual Conference
- Panel Discussion on 11/5 to feature Omani Ambassador and former U.S. Ambassador to
- HRH Prince Georg von Habsburg-Lothringen to speak in the ICC auditorium about "Russia
and the European Union in Perspective"
- "The Indigenous Tarahumara of Mexico" reception and presentation on 9/29 in Croslin
Rm of Library.
- Study Abroad Focus Week and Study Abroad Fair.
- TTU ICC hosts the opening film in the TTU International Film Series.
- My Hometown 2015: Photographs by TTU's International Students.
- October 5 is the deadline for this year's "High and Dry" photo competition.
- Putting on the Dog: Dogs without Borders.
- Call for Entries for the ICC's Annual "Putting on the Dog" Photo Exhibit.
- Human Rights Art Exhibition: Works from the permanent human rights art collection
at South Texas College and local artists.
- 4th annual Turkish festival on Wednesday, April 8th, 2015.
- International Week 2015.
- Closing reception for "Adventures in Study Abroad" photo exhibit will be April 15,
- Vadim Astrakhan to perform his translations of the songs of Vladimir Vysotsky in the
ICC Auditorium on 3/2/2015 at 6:00 PM.
- Worldwide Showcase on Sunday, April 12, Citibank Auditorium, 2:00 pm.
- South Plains Regional History Day Competition to be held March 7, 2015.
- K-12 GEO co-sponsors the third annual International Arts and Culture Symposium at
- "Afghanistan—Yesterday and Tomorrow," a talk by Ambassador Ronald E. Neumann on 2/5
at 5:30 p.m.
- "Moments in Time: Images of Life Near and Far," photographs by Stuart L. Posner, on
view January 19-February 27, 2015.
- The ART Series by Jiawei Gong, January 20-March 2, 2015, East Gallery.
- "Soil Science Around the Globe – Issues, Intervention, and Opportunities"-By Dr. David C. Weindorf.
- TEDx Talk "ENEMIES" – a search for light in terrible conflict, 1/26 at noon in TTUHSC's
- "Food, Agriculture and Nutrition Strategy for Africa," A talk by former USAID Program
Director Mark Wentling, 1/22 at 5:30 pm, ICC Rm 105.
- "How to get Funded by USAID," a talk by Mark Wentling on 1/22 from 12-2 pm in ICC
- "World of Colors" International Pageant at City Bank Auditorium on Nov. 21 from 6-8
- ICASALS to sponsor Yakona, a film about water issues in Texas (part of the Flatland
- Public reception for the 14th annual juried photo exhibit "High and Dry: Peoples and
Places of the World's Dry Lands" is December 5.
- "Retrieving Lost Lives in the Archives: A Russian Family in the Maelstrom of History,"
a talk by Professor Veronique Jobert on 11/13 at 5:30 p.m. in Room 105
- An Evening with Filmmaker Lawrence Jordan on Oct. 21.
- Blood, a Russian documentary directed by Alina Rudnitskaya, will be shown (Russian
with English subtitles).
- Lubbock's 15th annual Día de los Muertos Procession will start at TTU's International
- K-12 Geo unit prepares sugar skulls for Heritage Halloween.
- Why Music Education Is Essential
- Study Abroad Week starts Wednesday, 9/3.
- Study Abroad Fair set for Wednesday, September 10, 10:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
- "My Hometown," a juried photo exhibit featuring work by TTU's international students,
will be on view through October 14, 2014..
- Oct. 3 is the deadline for this year's "High and Dry" photo competition.
- Attention International Students! Deadline for “My Hometown” photo competition is
August 12, 2014.
- Putting on the Dog: the dog as subject in fine art photography.
- Art by Artists from the Public Art Committee.
- 5th Annual “Putting on the Dog: International Dog Days” Photo Exhibit Call for Entries.
- TTU to visit Zimbabwe in summer 2014.