The Silver and Black Give Back Scholarship
Application Deadline: Tuesday, February 18, 2020
Scholarship Amount: $15,000
Applications are not considered complete without all supporting documents. For each nominee's application, please be sure the following items are included:
- Completed scholarship application form
- Student narrative
- Letter of nomination from the Dean, Program Director or Faculty Member (the letter should be from someone at the University who knows the applicant and can speak to their eligibility).
- Student's most recent transcript (electronic, scanned, and unofficial copies acceptable)
- Professional headshot (must be a high resolution, color photo saved as a JPG)
To receive this scholarship, the student should:
- exhibit entrepreneurial aspirations and demonstrates a propensity for leadership and entrepreneurial achievements
- exhibit leadership traits in academic and campus activities
- have outstanding moral character
- have good academic credentials (3.0 or above preferred, with strong affinity for entrepreneurship)
- be scheduled to take courses during during the 2020-21 academic year
- be a U.S. Citizen, planning to pursue a career in Texas
- be willing to personally complete the forms as requested
- be able to attend the Annual Scholarship Luncheon and Induction Dinner
- be willing to travel for interviews as needed
- be a steward (if selected) of the TBHF Scholarship Program and maintain engagement through campus involvement, social media, attendance at area events, etc.
How to Apply
- Complete the TBHF Scholarship Application.
- Write a One Page Narrative answering the following:
How have you demonstrated entrepreneurial spirit and business leadership; what are your future goals; and why do you plan to pursue a career specifically in Texas?
- Secure a high resolution, full-color professional headshot (JPG).
- Secure your most recent transcript (an unoffical transcript is acceptable).
- Secure a letter of nomination from the Dean, Program Director or Faculty member.
- Attach items 1-5 to your Rawls TBHF Application and submit.
Contact the Dean's Office.