The Silver and Black Give Back Scholarship - Texas Business Hall of Fame
Application Deadline: Wednesday, February 22, 2017
Scholarship Amount: $15,000
Applications are not considered complete without all supporting documents. For each nominee's application, please be sure the following items are included:
- Completed scholarship application form
- Student narrative
- Letter of nomination from the Dean
- Student's most recent transcript (electronic, scanned, and unofficial copies acceptable)
- Professional headshot (must be a high resolution, color photo saved as a JPG)
To receive this scholarship, the student should:
- exhibit entrepreneurial aspirations and demonstrates a propensity for leadership and entrepreneurial achievements
- exhibit leadership traits in academic and campus activities
- have outstanding moral character
- have good academic credentials (3.0 or above preferred, with strong affinity for entrepreneurship)
- be scheduled to take courses during during the 2016-17 academic year
- be a U.S. Citizen, planning to pursue a career in Texas
- be willing to personally complete the forms as requested
- be able to attend the Annual Scholarship Luncheon and Induction Dinner
- be willing to travel for interviews as needed
- be a steward (if selected) of the TBHF Scholarship Program and maintain engagement through campus involvement, social media, attendance at area events, etc.
How to Apply
- Complete the TBHF Scholarship Application.
- Write a One Page Narrative answering the following: How have you demonstrated entrepreneurial spirit and business leadership; what are your future goals; and why do you plan to pursue a career specifically in Texas?
- Take a high resolution, color professional headshot (JPG).
- Secure most recent transcript (an unoffical transcript is acceptable).
- Complete the Rawls TBHF Application Form.
- Email your completed application to Randi Rivers.
Please note: The Dean will provide a letter of nomination if your application is selected.
Contact the Dean's Office.