TRIO Student Support Services (SSS)
TRIO Student Support Services (SSS) is an academic support program for first-generation students of all backgrounds and/or those who demonstrate a financial need. Students registered with Student Disability Services are also eligible for the program. TRIO SSS provides academic advising, career advising, financial aid assistance and graduate school preparation. The program also offers leadership development and a supportive community focused on empowering students to succeed.
TRIO SSS provides services for up to 140 students within a supportive academic community that addresses the educational and career needs of each student to promote retention and graduation from Texas Tech University.
TRIO SSS is now accepting applications. To qualify for TRIO SSS, a student must:
- Be a citizen or national of the United States or meet the residency requirement for Federal Student Financial Assistance
- Be enrolled in at least six credit hours at Texas Tech
- Be seeking a bachelor's degree
And meet at least one of the following criteria:
- Be a first-generation college student (Parents do not have a four-year college degree)
- Meet federal income guidelines to qualify as low-income
- Be registered with TTU Student Disability Services
TRIO SSS Income Verification Form: Independent Student
TRIO SSS Income Verification Form: Dependent Student
Once complete, turn in the income verification form here.
TRIO SSS Offers
- Scholarships to active SSS participants
- Advanced registration for classes
- Academic + career coaching & advising
- Individualized plan for students to achieve their academic goals
- Scholarship search and FAFSA assistance
- Graduate school preparation and visits
- Cultural events
- Financial literacy workshops
- Private computer lab & study room
- In-person one-on-one tutoring
- Free access to 24/7 online tutoring
- Free printing
- Free calculators, textbooks and other study materials, and more.
For additional information, please contact:
Terri Williams, M.Ed.
Shanoy Anderson, Ph.D.