Young Distinguished Engineer Award
The Young Distinguished Engineer award was created to recognize and honor Whitacre College of Engineering alumni who represent the college in an outstanding way through their professional and civic achievements within 15 years of graduating with their undergraduate degree.
To nominate a candidate as the 2024 Young Distinguished Engineer of the Year, please complete the nomination formand submit it via email to firstname.lastname@example.org by November 30, 2023.
To be eligible for the Young Distinguished Engineer Award, an individual must:
- Be an alumnus of the Whitacre College of Engineering who received his/her undergraduate degree within the last 15 years.
- Be exceptional in his/her profession, life work, or other worthy endeavors.
- Be actively involved in Texas Tech and the college through associations, committees, etc.
- Be a person of such integrity, stature, and demonstrated ability that faculty, staff, students, and alumni will take pride in and be inspired by his/her recognition.
- Attend the college's Distinguished Engineer Luncheon in the spring of 2024 to receive the award.
Young Distinguished Engineer Award Recipients
2021 - Mark Olsen
2020 - Cal Zant and Nicole Dusang
2019 - Andrew Dorow
2017 - Simeon Eburi Losoha
2016 - Chad Smith
2015 - Ryan Hanford
2014 - James Baumgartner
Edward E. Whitacre Jr. College of Engineering
Address100 Engineering Center Box 43103 Lubbock, Texas 79409-3103