The Restaurant, Hotel and Institutional Management degree is accredited by the Accreditation Commission for Programs in Hospitality Administration.
The Department of Hospitality and Retail Management strives to provide the highest quality educational, research, and service experiences for all of the students, faculty, staff, industry partners, and communities it engages. Through that engagement, we seek to advance understanding and skill development that will enhance our disciplines, career trajectories of our students, and advancement of knowledge.
Core Values of the Department of Hospitality and Retail Management:
- Promote ethical behavior of all faculty, staff, and students
- Respect for self and others
- Diversity and inclusion
- Professional and community service
- Preparing students to compete in a rapidly changing work environment
- Delivering scholarship which advances our disciplines and the human condition
Program Learning Outcomes:
Upon completion of the degree, students should know how to do the following:
- Communicate effectively and appropriately (orally and in writing).
- Prepare, maintain, analyze and utilize financial documents and data.
- Develop industry required skills used in today's business environment.
- Apply critical thinking and problem-solving skills to real-world experiences.
Hospitality and Retail Management
AddressTexas Tech University, P.O. Box 41240, Lubbock, TX 79409-1240