Stephanie Palmer selected as summer banner bearer for August graduation ceremony
What is your major?
- Counseling and Addiction Recovery Sciences (CARS)
What is your hometown?
- I was born in Amarillo, TX but raised in Mesquite, TX.
Why did you choose your major?
- I chose my major after I fell in love with the passion and dedication the counselors had who helped me through some life changing events in 2020. I realized then I wanted to be just like them. My desire to give back to a community worthy of healing is what led me to Texas Tech University.
What stands out about the College of Human Sciences?
- My favorite thing about the College of Human Sciences would be the professors who go above and beyond to help each student achieve their hopes and dreams. I will forever be grateful to Dr. Morelock who wouldn't let me quit no matter what, but most importantly she taught me perseverance and how to believe in myself.
What does it feel like to be selected as the Banner Bearer for the College of Human Sciences?
- I feel overwhelmed with gratitude and honored to carry the flag for the College of Hunan Sciences. This is the college that has poured so much into me over the past three years. They are truly dedicated to their students.
What do you most enjoy or appreciate about the College of Human Sciences?
- What I enjoy the most about the College of Human Sciences is that all of the students truly have a heart to serve and give back to our community. There are countless student organizations who go above and beyond to be of service to Lubbock and the surrounding areas, specifically the Association of Students Acting in Service. Through service work I was able to witness the impact that Texas Tech University's student organizations have on our community. The most significant part of these organizations is they are led by the most amazing faculty members who serve with hearts just as big as their students.
What are your career plans/next steps?
- My next step is grad school. I will be attending Texas Wesleyan University this month where I will continue my studies in Marriage and Family Therapy. My goal is to have a private practice where I will focus on couples therapy and trauma within families.