Welcome to the Department of Mathematics and Statistics
The Department of Mathematics and Statistics is one of the largest departments on campus, with 46 tenured and tenure track faculty (45 actively working in the department with one serving in upper administration: TTU President Lawrence Schovanec). In addition, the Department includes 8 postdoctoral associates (including an NSF-funded postdoc), and 9 instructors. The graduate enrollment has averaged 150 grad students per year since 2015. Of them, 100 are currently supported full time as graduate part-time instructors, teaching assistants or research assistants.
To minimize your risk during the COVID-19 outbreak, we ask that you contact the Department primarily through email at firstname.lastname@example.org, or the Undergraduate Advisor or Graduate Advisor as appropriate. Calls to the Department can be made to (806) 742-2566. See the Department's COVID-19 resources & response page.
- Associate Dean for Arts & Sciences' message about Spring 2020 grades
- Department Spring 2020 Newsletter is published
- Professor Raegan Higgins has been named an Integrated Scholar for 2020 by the Office of the Provost. Hooray, Dr. Higgins!
- Congratulations to Edri Kara for receiving a very competitive travel grant from the American Physical Society (APS) Biophysics Division!
- Congratulations to Claudia Muñoz for receiving the 2019 Trjitzinsky Award.
- Congratulations to TTU Math Post-Doc Joshua Padgett.
- The Simons Foundation has awarded TTU Math Professor and Chair Dr. Magdalena Toda a $42,000 grant.
- Math Professors Brock Williams and Raegan Higgins, along with PI and Education Professor Jerry Dwyer and TTU's Michael Galyean and Jill White, have been awarded an NSF STEM grant worth over $1.1 million.
- More News
The Texas Tech Mathematics & Statistics Department is committed to achieving significant
research while providing high-quality education for our students at the undergraduate
and graduate levels. We have several active areas of research. Click here for descriptions of current research topics done by our faculty, post-docs, and graduate
students in the Mathematics & Statistics Department. We are passionate about our student's
We welcome you to our department and look forward to the bright future ahead of you!
Seminars & Colloquia
Full Schedule of Events Available here