Mathematics & Statistics
News & Upcoming Events
- Professor Giorgio Bornia has received the President's Excellence in Teaching Award for 2018. He joins past recipients Dr.'s Aulisa, Christensen, Monico, Toda, Trindade and Williams from our Department. Congratulations Dr. Bornia!
- Professor Alex Solynin has received the Texas Tech Parent's Association Barnie E. Rushing, Jr. Faculty Outstanding Researcher Award. This award has traditionally been used as the pool for Horn Professor selection at TTU. Congratulations Dr. Solynin!
- Dr. Angela Peace received this year's College of Arts & Sciences Excellence in Research Award for the Natural and Physical Sciences. This award came with a $500 monetary award at the May 10th reception. Congratulations, Dr. Peace!
- Giacomo Capodaglio received the Graduate Student Research Support Award from the TTU Graduate School worth $850. Congratulations, Giacomo!
- Graduate Student Pushpi Paranamana has received the Summer Dissertation Award at TTU. Ms. Paranamana has accepted a position as a postdoctoral associate at Rutgers University starting Fall 2018. Congratulations, Pushpi!
- Purna Gamage has accepted a Visiting Assistant Professor position at Wake Forest. Congratulations to Purna and her advisor Dr. Souparno Ghosh!
- Brittany Alexander, a Math major who graduated this Spring, earned Honorable Mention as an Outstanding Undergraduate Researcher by CALUE
- Sara Calandrini and Giacomo Capodaglio received the SIAM Student Travel Award. The husband and wife team, both under advisor Eugenio Aulisa, have accepted postdoctoral positions at Florida State University in Computational Mathematics this Fall
- TTU Math Grad students Benoit Ahanda and Dhanamalee Bandara (both under advisor Leif Ellingson) and Zhuanzhuan Ma (nominating faculty Guoyi Ke) have been awarded the Helen DeVitt Jones Excellence in Graduate Teaching Award for 2018. A $500 honorarium comes with this recognition.
- TTU Math Grad student Farzana Nasrin has accepted a postdoctoral position at the University of Tennessee at Knoxville commencing Fall 2018. Her remarkable paper Smoothing Splines on Unit Ball Domains with Application to Corneal Topography (RV Iyer, F Nasrin, E See, S Mathews) will soon be featured at a top medical conference.
- Sara Calandrini is one of the three winners of the TTU Horn Professors Graduate Achievement Award for 2018. She received her award at the Faculty Honors Convocation, on Wednesday, April 18