Mathematics & Statistics
News & Upcoming Events
- Dr. Brock Williams recently received the College of Arts and Sciences Teaching Innovation Award. Besides the prestige that comes from winning the competitive award established by Dean Lindquist, a monetary prize accompanies the accolade. Congratulations Dr. Williams!
- New tenure-track Assistant Professor Dr. Chunmei Wang has received an NSF Grant totaling $400,000 distributed incrementally until 2023. Congratulations, Dr. Wang, and a prestigious beginning to your career here at Texas Tech!
- Dr. Angela Peace was awarded an NSF Grant worth $80,000 that pertains to bettering our understanding of malaria transmission, entitled Collaborative Research: Linking Pharmacokinetics to Epidemiological Models of Vector-Borne Diseases and Drug Resistance Prevention. A collective award across 5 universities, the total grant is worth $550,000. Congratulations, Dr. Peace!
- Directors Raegan Higgins and Ami Radunskaya held the EDGE 2018 conference this past June here at TTU. The Enhancing Diversity in Graduate Education Program seeks to improve the persistence of women and minority graduate students, and contribute to the development of a diverse mathematical community. TTU Professors Howle and Peace and grad student Dilini Fonseka facilitated and mentored the Conference and attendees
- Professor Giorgio Bornia has received the President's Excellence in Teaching Award for 2018. He joins past recipients Dr.'s Aulisa, Christensen, Monico, Toda, Trindade and Williams from our Department. Congratulations Dr. Bornia!
- Professor Alex Solynin has received the Texas Tech Parent's Association Barnie E. Rushing, Jr. Faculty Outstanding Researcher Award. This award has traditionally been used as the pool for Horn Professor selection at TTU. Congratulations Dr. Solynin!