Create a culture of innovation and entrepreneurship in your classroom!
Applications will open Spring 2024! Stay tuned to learn more!
The Faculty C-startup program is designed to support Texas Tech faculty interested in creating a culture of innovation and entrepreneurship. The grants are sponsored by the Lubbock Economic Development Alliance (LEDA) and are competitive. All applicants will be evaluated by a committee of iTTU Mentors, Innovation Hub staff, and Texas Tech faculty. Faculty who are awarded the grants will become "ambassadors" for innovation and entrepreneurship at Texas Tech for the academic year awarded.
The faculty ambassador bio, photo, and course will be listed on our website.
A total of 5 awards each of $2,500 will be awarded to faculty for the development of a "new" course or improving an existing course that MUST include the two best practices: Business Model Canvas developed by Alexander Osterwalder and Lean LaunchPad developed by Steve Blank.Meet our 2023-2024 Faculty Ambassadors
To be eligible, faculty must be Texas Tech System faculty. The proposed course must be taught by the faculty submitting the syllabus. May be a graduate or undergraduate course in ANY discipline. The course must be offered a minimum of once per year.
- One page narrative describing the learning objectives of the course and why the course is competitive enough to receive the grant. Include how the Business Model Canvas and the Lean LaunchPad methods will be integrated into the course and how students will be tested on the best practices.
- Syllabus for the course with reference numbers.
- 150-word bio and headshot.
Visit the application portal by clicking the button below! Create a profile, answer application questions, and upload your supporting documents all in one place. Applications are closed!
Want your application to be more competitive? Include the following in your application:
- Number of students on average in your class
- Number of times your class meets per year
- State in your syllabus that students in your class are required
(for a grade) to attend at least one of the following Innovation Hub Programs: