Volunteering with RISE is an excellent way to make a difference on your campus. Fill out the form below, and our Program Manager will reach out to you to schedule your first session. We have both a volunteer base and practicum students who work with our team.
A RISE Volunteer exudes a servant leadership heart and has a drive to educate Texas Tech students on holistic well-being. These volunteers assist RISE in outreach, programming and events, administrative tasks, and provide a supportive foundation for the RISE Peer Educators and staff. RISE Volunteers understand the importance of empowering Texas Tech students to get connected and make the best choices for themselves.
- Introductory wellness training on topics like mental health and wellbeing, alcohol and drugs, sexual assault prevention and consent education, resources, and so much more
- Community service hours tracked and signed by staff
- Hands-on opportunities boosting a professional resume
- Letter of recommendation based on merit from the Program Manger of Peer Education & Outreach
- Free volunteer shirt
- First access to RISE swag items
- The ability to make a difference, help your peers, and uphold the culture at Texas Tech
- Work with a fun, diverse group of student leaders from all different majors and backgrounds
- Minimum one office hour per week
- Participate in prevention education focus quarters
- Mandated Reporter training
- Complete a brief RISE training
- Maintain a discriminatory and bias free environment, cultivating respect for all