New Patient Registration
First time patients need to call us at 806.743.2848 to register.
When you first call Student Health Services to establish care, be prepared to spend 5-10 minutes on the phone with us as we explain our clinic, our billing process, and the best way to communicate with us as you access healthcare throughout your time as a Texas Tech student. If you have health insurance, please have that information with you at the time of your call. We will need to capture that information in order to schedule your appointment.
After we have registered you as a patient, our Patient Service Specialist will make an appointment with you that works with your schedule. After a patient is registered, patients are able to utilize the convenient option of requesting an appointment through the MyTeamCare Patient Portal.
The day before the scheduled appointment time, patients will receive a text message reminder for their appointment and will be asked to confirm or cancel their appointment. Patients who fail to cancel their appointments before their scheduled appointment time will be subject to a $25 dollar Missed Appointment Fee. Appointments can be easily canceled by phone, text, email, or portal message.
What to Bring for Your Appointment
- Your insurance card or a copy of the front and back of your card.
- Primary cardholder's date of birth for your insurance. i.e if you are on your father's insurance plan, we will need to know your father's date of birth.
- Your Tech ID.
- A list of any medications you are currently taking.
- Relevant information about your medical history.
You are encouraged to submit your insurance information to us before your visit to speed up the check in process. Insurance cards can also be submitted up to 48 hours after your appointment time in order to avoid your charge being changed to self-pay. Please use the Insurance Card Upload Center to send your insurance information in before your appointment.
Steps to Register as a New Patient:
1. Review the Notice of Privacy Practices document.
2. Call Student Health and we will have you fill out the following forms electronically:
-Consent to Treat
3. Submit front and back photos of your insurance card through our insurance card upload center. (Insured patients only!)
Each of these steps must be completed before you can schedule an appointment.