Visiting transients, also known as non-degree seeking students, are students that wish to take coursework with the university, but without the intent of pursuing a degree from Texas Tech. Examples of students considering enrollment as a Transient/Non-Degree student include:
- Students that wish to take prerequisite courses to be transferred to their current college or university of full-time enrollment.
- Students who have already been awarded a baccalaureate degree but wish to take additional credit for postgraduate or workforce development purposes.
All transient/non-degree applicants to Texas Tech University must be eligible to return to their most recent institution.
Transient/non-degree students are not eligible for financial aid, as funds are only available for degree-seeking students. Enrollment as a transient/non-degree student is limited to one calendar year. Students who wish to continue their transient/non-degree enrollment after the initial year must re-apply and pay the application fee again.
At the discretion of the assigned academic advisor, transient/non-degree students may be allowed to take a full load of coursework while enrolled at Texas Tech. Students taking courses at an international location of Texas Tech University will be allowed to enroll in a maximum of 18 hours per term.
If a prior transient/non-degree student wishes to obtain their first baccalaureate degree with Texas Tech, they must re-apply to the university as a transfer applicant and meet all applicable admissions criteria.
The admission deadlines for all transient/non-degree students are the same as for all transfer students.
- Complete the Visiting Transient application via ApplyTexas at www.goapplytexas.org. When prompted for the application type, please select Transient.
- $75 non-refundable application fee. Transient/non-degree students are not eligible for the TTU Fee Waiver program.
- Official transcript from your most recently attended educational institution.
If the transcript service used is requesting an email address to deliver your document to Texas Tech, please have it sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Texas Tech University
Attn: Undergraduate Admissions
Box 45005 Lubbock, TX 79409-5005
Note: Mail all official documents, including official transcripts, essays, and letters of recommendation, to the above address. Please include the student's full name and date of birth on all correspondence.