Davis College Outstanding Young Alumni Award - Nomination
The measure of a college's distinction and influence depends greatly upon the achievements of its alumni and the positions they attain in their respective communities and fields of endeavor. To recognize some of the most outstanding young alumni of Texas Tech University's Davis College of Agricultural Sciences & Natural Resources, the Outstanding Alumni Award was established.
Purpose & Philosophy
The purpose of this program is to recognize and honor Agricultural Sciences and Natural Resources alumni who have made significant contributions to society, and whose accomplishments and careers have brought distinctive credit to the Davis College of Agricultural Sciences & Natural Resources of Texas Tech University and to the professions associated with agriculture and natural resources.
This program does more than honor those alumni. It spotlights the accomplishments of the college and thereby enhances the pride of alumni, students, faculty and staff. It also presents to the people of Texas and the nation tangible evidence of the effectiveness of agricultural and natural resources programs at Texas Tech University.
To be eligible for the Outstanding Young Alumni Award, an individual must:
- Have received a degree from the Davis College of Agricultural Sciences & Natural Resources at Texas Tech University within the past 15 years.
- Have attained a high level of professional accomplishment and possess high standards of integrity and character to positively reflect and enhance the prestige of the Davis College of Agricultural Sciences & Natural Resources.
- Be a person of such stature, and demonstrated ability that the faculty, students, staff and alumni of the college will take pride in and be inspired by his or her recognition.
- Have demonstrated an interest in community service through volunteerism, civic involvement and shown leadership abilities in other areas.
No member of the Texas Tech University System Board of Regents shall be eligible for the award while serving on the Board, nor may a current member of the faculty or staff of the college be selected to receive the award.
- One award will be made annually.
- The individual selected as an Outstanding Young Alumni must be present at the conferring of the award. If the recipient is not able to attend the program, the award will be differed one year, pending availability to attend the program.
Nomination & Selection
- The recipients of the Outstanding Young Alumni Awards are nominated by the Davis College Administrative Council and current faculty, and is selected by the Dean's Advisory Board.
- At all stages of the selection procedure, the discussion of possible recipients shall be deemed to be a confidential matter.
Announcement, Time & Place of Presentation
The award will be presented annually in conjunction with the Distinguished Alumni Awards Program. The Office of the Dean will announce the name of the recipient after they have been contacted and have agreed to be present to receive the award.
- Outstanding Agriculturalist Award Past Recipients
- Outstanding Agriculturalist Award Nomination Guidelines
- Outstanding Young Alumni Award Nomination Guidelines
- Distinguished Alumni & Outstanding Young Alumni Past Recipients
- Distinguished Alumni Award Nomination Guidelines
On-Line nomination forms may be obtained here:
- Distinguished Alumni Nomination Form
- Outstanding Young Alumni Nomination Form
- Outstanding Agriculturalist Nomination Form
PDF nomination forms may be obtained here:
Davis College of Agricultural Sciences & Natural Resources
AddressP.O. Box 42123, Lubbock, Texas 79409-2123, Dean’s Office Location: Goddard Building, Room 108